MNScuba.com

Full Version: Public Safety Divers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am intrested in hosting a Public Safety Diver Course and was wondering how many people out here would be intrested in taking this course if I could get it to come here. When you reply state if you are currently affilated with a Public Safety Agency- and or dive team.
Do you have a link to a course description?
Here is the description and link for the course that I had looked at- although if there are other programs out there that anyone else out there knows of let me know.

Dive Rescue I
Duration: 3 days (24 hours) - Recommended for certified divers and surface support personnel
Learn the fundamentals of dive operations from scene evaluation through incident debriefing. Public safety divers and surface-support personnel will be prepared to respond effectively to the water-incident scene. Topics include overview of public safety drowning accidents; selecting, training, and equipping dive teams; dealing with family, media, and other agencies, search pattern fundamentals, victim retrieval tactics; responding to vehicle accidents; accident scene documentation; and an introduction to specialized equipment. Program will be presented in a classroom, a pool, and at an open-water training site.

Web link:
I am currently on the Blue Earth County Dive Team.
Did you find out any more info on this? Cost, the possibility
of them coming to Mn. I'm not in charge of training but can pass any info on. Punky
The company I was looking at would come to MN, the cost would be about $450/ person. I was talking to Scott at Air Down There dive shop, and he said we may be able to work up something with a couple of the local dive teams to get a class going. He was saying that there are a couple of the local dive team members on this board.
Any one out there with any intrest in having a class? The company I was looking at wants 20 people for a class!
I'd be interested in this training, if you're still looking at it, but I am not currently with any public safety agency. I have POST eligibility for Law Enforcement, but have yet to find a job.
I am still looking at it- have not had a lot of interest here, but am trying to pump my local county dive team to get involved. If you know of anyone else who might be intrested let me know.
Is it strictly law enforcement officers/firefighters/medics that are allowed to do this training? I know some people who aren't that might be interested.
The one course out of CO requires that you be a member of public safety org, but I am still going to see what I can work out with local dive team instructors. Lets see how many people intrested we can get public safety or not ( Maybe we can get a local dive team to sponser any non- public safety members). ;D
You don't happen to know of any local dive teams that are looking for members, do you?

I'll talk to the divers that I know and see if they're interested.
Pages: 1 2