MNScuba.com

Full Version: Memorial Service for Lloyd Krohn this Saturday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
    The family asked me to post this on MNscuba--if this is the wrong thread, administrators, please move it.  Thanks for your help!
This Saturday, July 20, a memorial service will be held for Lloyd at Mattson’s funeral home in Forest Lake, MN.  The service will begin at 4:00 p.m.  Family will be on hand to greet friends from 2:00 until the start of the service.  There will be a coffee time following 
    Unfortunately, the closing date to have an obituary published for a service this Saturday was yesterday – so there will be no obituary published.  Please pass this detail on to any others you think would like to be notified.
    On those occasions when Lloyd and Karen talked about what type of funeral they would like when the time came, Lloyd knew exactly how he wanted his send-off to be (no surprise there!).  His wishes were that any gathering for him would be a celebration of his life and that is exactly what Karen has requested for him.  The best description I can give is that the service will follow the style of an Irish wake.  He wanted people to share stories about the good times spent together.  He truly lived life to its fullest and there probably isn’t anyone except Karen who knew all of the ways he touched people’s lives.  Karen and all of us hope that many of you will recall adventures that you shared with Lloyd and take the opportunity to talk about them during the service.
    There will also be cards available to capture your stories.  The cards say “Five years from now, when someone mentions Lloyd’s name, what will you remember most?  What story will you tell?”  We hope many of you will find a minute or two to jot something down.  The cards will then be put together as a keepsake for Karen and I’m sure they will bring her smiles in the days ahead.
    Tomorrow or Thursday arrangement information should also be available through the Mattson Funeral Home website  -
Again, on behalf of Karen, and all of Lloyd’s family, Krohn and Bender alike, we thank you so much for your kindnesses and support these past days.  It has meant more than words can express.