MNScuba.com

Full Version: mnscuba.com forum software changed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm pleased to announce that the mnscuba.com forum software was successfully replaced today. After almost 10 years of running on YaBB/SMF, we are now using MyBB. My belief is that this new forum software platform will allow us to add new features in the near future. It will immediately resolve the issue of spam registrations. That means I can add new members to the site much more efficiently. I appreciate your patience during this upgrade process.

I don't expect everything to work perfectly out of the gate. I performed a test upgrade of the site a couple weeks ago so I know that most of the functions should work. I'm mostly concerned about two things: 1) existing members being able to log into the upgraded forum, and 2) attachments. Attachments should be associated with posts, but they are probably missing thumbnails. The process to convert SMF attachments to MyBB was a mess.

If anyone experiences problems with logging into the site you can contact me at webmaster@mnscuba.com. I'll try to help you get back on the site.
[quote='jasondbaker' pid='39727' dateline='1374721610']
I'm pleased to announce that the mnscuba.com forum software was successfully replaced today. After almost 10 years of running on YaBB/SMF, we are now using MyBB. My belief is that this new forum software platform will allow us to add new features in the near future. It will immediately resolve the issue of spam registrations. That means I can add new members to the site much more efficiently. I appreciate your patience during this upgrade process.

I don't expect everything to work perfectly out of the gate. I performed a test upgrade of the site a couple weeks ago so I know that most of the functions should work. I'm mostly concerned about two things: 1) existing members being able to log into the upgraded forum, and 2) attachments. Attachments should be associated with posts, but they are probably missing thumbnails. The process to convert SMF attachments to MyBB was a mess.

Thanks for all of your hard work and keeping the Forum up and running. We do appreciate you and all that you do for the online diving community
If anyone experiences problems with logging into the site you can contact me at webmaster@mnscuba.com. I'll try to help you get back on the site.
[/quote]