MNScuba.com

Full Version: Puget Sound Dive in May - Seattle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone interested in checking out some cool Pacific Northwest Diving, I'm heading to Seattle May 7th -12th for cold water dive getaway. Delta's got some cheap round trip airfare now ($278), As far as the trip goes, i have the vehicle covered so I just need to workout the hotels. I lived hear not to long ago, so I got a handle on all the dive shops, dive spots, and charters if needed. When we're not diving i can point you to some cool Seattle mainstays or tourist attractions.
As for diving, Here is what i was thinking. (I'm looking at 10-12 dives for this time frame)

May 7th is the last day of Scuba diver Spot Prawn season, so i'd like to start off the evening with 2 shrimp dives.

Thurs. May 8th. 2-3 dives at Edmonds Underwater Park (27 acre park dedicated to divers and also a marine sanctuary)

Friday May 9th - Keystone Jetty 2-3 tank semi current dive

Saturday May 10th. 2 tank dive at a Seattle Classic Cove 2

Sunday May 11th. (Mother's Day) Those want want to head back can fly out this day, Otherwise we have the option for 2 tank boat charter ($100) or more shore diving at Three Tree Point or Mukilteo Lighthouse

Here's a nice video of the spot prawns and some other typical Puget Sound Critter life.

Shoot me an IM if you're interested in joining me and we can work out the final logistics.
This wasn't May, but July. Dove the Hood canal and had a little fun with a nudibranch.
And one more, with a pair of wolf eels.
Was a good trip. 8 dives, ended up with 18 dungeness crab (diver caught) and 2 salmon in the boat.(a nice King and Coho)

[/quote]