MNScuba.com

Full Version: croix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
any news on the guy that jumped in to save an 11year old kid.kid was saved but fisherman went down? st croix.what a hero to jump in and save a kid.
still haven't found him. too much sediment in water to locate?
I don't think sediment is the problem where they are looking. From what I can tell, the area is what we used to call the pot-holes. We used to jump off the rocks just down stream from there 30 years ago. The bottom in the pot-holes area has holes that you could stand up a school bus on end and still not find it. They are using hooks because the side scan won't see down into the potholes, and the current there is probably over 15 knots, so divers are not a great option either. Just down stream from where they are looking it drops to 60' deep. This 60' deep hole is right below the 110' and the 75' high cliff on the Wisconsin side. The river widens out just down stream from this 60' deep hole and gets to be only 6' deep. I would bet that with the air in the lungs, the current carried the guy past the potholes and into this 60' deep well. In my opinion they will not find him anywhere else. I hope they find him soon.