MNScuba.com

Full Version: Little Long Lake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pulled this off of The Crappy Dive Site Home Page.

Little Long Lake, Northwest of Mound, MN (Submitted by the Crappy Diver Himself)
Temp: On 3 Aug, it was an absolutely balmy 75 degrees in the water. Nice and refreshing.
Viz: Glass
Depth: 25 ft.
Cool Stuff to See: Fish. More fish. Including a really big northern.
Accessibility: From the Twin Cities, drive west on I-394, continuing west when it turns into route 12. Exit going west on route 6, going about 4 miles to turn left on Game Farm Road. About a mile south you hit the lake.
Overall Rating: Boss. Certainly the clearest lake I've been diving in while I've been in MN.
Yeah...I don't know, I thought Little Long Lake was alright. I dove it a couple times last year. Viz was about 8 feet. I didn't see any live fish there either time though. All I saw were dead fish laying on the bottom. :Smile
I must be an oddball. I really like Little Long. I like swimming just down from where it starts to drop off. I have seen some big pike in there.

JoelW
I don't think he was putting down Little Long Lake. From what I've read the site may have started out to report crappy dive sites but changed into a site to report on dive sites, good or bad. Check it out.

Joel, have you been out there yet this year? Just wondering how it's shaping up for viz now. I'd like to get back out there again.
I also like Little Long. And we *DID* see live fish last year (3 northerns were shadowing us).
So there is life there!!! But I do recall the lake greened up rather quickly last year.
Joel , you an oddball??? Hardly!!!

Jean Smile