MNScuba.com

Full Version: Palm to Mac Hotsync problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just picked up a Palm IIIxe to use GUE's DecoPlanner. I run a eMac with OSX 10.6 so had to get a USB port converter so I can sync up the Palm cradle and the Mac. Installed the driver for the converter, downloaded Palm's 4.0 desktop app. These two machines simply will not talk to one another!!! I've prowled the Palm support site, checked all my settings for Hotsync-ing...everything looks cool but still no go!

Anyone out there a Mac/Palm user that can lend me some advice?
Unplug it and plug it back in... see if that helps. I've had some issues too, (OSX and Palm m100). Works fine now though, same setup with the adapter and all. Just make sure the Hot Sync Manager is running.
I recently switched from an IBM running Windows 2000 to a MAC PowerBook OS X. I used a Palm m105 with the serial cradle on the IBM so I needed to buy a serial to USB adaptor for the MAC. Initially it worked great with Palm DeskTop 4.0 on the MAC. I needed to resync to the IBM one last time. After that, I could never get the MAC and Palm to resync. I tried everything. I just gave up and switched to using my old Handspring, which works great, and gave the Palm to my wife.

Derrick
Thanks guys...good to know I was not the only person who ran into some trouble with this! Smile
Chris, if you mean plugging and unplugging the USB ports I already tried that. No go. Hotsync Manager is running as well. Ugh! Going to try a different cradle (mine came with an IBM cradle but I was able to borrow a Palm cradle) to see if it's a hardware issue.
Will keep you posted...it's amazing some of the BS things I'll go through if it's dive related~!
Could try re-installing the Palm Software too...
Desk top app. or adapter software?
Desktop application... Might need to be re-installed if you've installed something related afterwards that may have been overwritten.
I'll try it. I got word back from Palm, they directed me to Belkin, the adapter company, to get an updated driver. I down-loaded their lasted version for Mac. OS 9 said wasn't needed since the file was already there. So, I am gonna try your advice and see if that shakes. Ugh! This is a pain in the you know what! I know it is simply networking issues but man it shouldn't be this difficult!
Chris, I'll keep ya posted...thanks for the input!
P.S. recommend DecoPlanner...excellent deco software!

Where can I find this wonderfull software? Smile
GUE