MNScuba.com

Full Version: Source for cave line?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know of a good source for some #24 braided nylon line (cave line) in smaller qty.? I've found a couple online sources but they only sell it in huge 800' spools with high shipping charges and I don't need that much line. I haven't been able to find the right stuff in local hardware stores. I only need a small amount for attaching bolt snaps to accessories etc.
the place I go to for my rope is:

Macs Inc, Fargo, (701) 282-9900

I just called them for you Lonnie and Clare there told me they had some seine twine (#24 braided nylon) 1/4# roll (he said maybe 500'???) for $2.09. I guess it's about 1/16th inch or so.. does that sound like the right stuff?

Fred
Lonnie, I've got an extra spool of the real thing, probably 500'. I'll give it to you or I can send you as many feet as you need. I purchased it from Memphis Twine a few years ago. Send me an e-mail with your address and I'll ship it to you or if your going to Crosby in the near future, I can give it to you then. Let me know. Paul
Thanks Paul, I sent you a PM. Wink
Hey Nomads.. just curious.. is yours more "real" than what I found in Fargo?
Fred
Yup, Nomads.. your's is more "real". I was in Mac's today and it was twisted #24..(hey, THEY told me it was braided) the nearest braided they had was #18 and then it went to quite a bit thicker stuff. They do have lot's o' different line though..and ends.. and I think v. reasonably priced.
Fred