MNScuba.com

Full Version: VIP cost?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just had my tanks VIP'd. I was charged $15 per tank. What are others paying for this? If anyone knows of a less costly shop in the twin cities to have this done, please post it.

PS: What are people paying to have tanks hydro'd
I usually see VIP rates between $6-10 per tank. I think Scuba Center may charge $6. I have seen hydros between $25-50 per tank at stores. I know people that take their tanks right to All Safe () for their hydros. That's basically where the shops in the Twin Cities are sending their tanks.
I paid $6 for VIPs at MN School of Diving.
I took two steel tanks in to Underwater Schools of America in Long Lake for a fill. Both tanks needed to be VIP'd. I told them to take care of it and came back a week later. I was charged $30 for the VIP and fill. At first they thought the tanks had been hydro'd and the charge was $80. I thought this was excessive and that is why I wanted to find out what other shops are charging.
The $6 visuals, do they include a fill and a certified inspections sheet, like that from a PSI inspector?

Dan
I e-mailed allsafe and they qouted me a cost of $19.00 for hydro! Not a bad price at all- that is dropping it off yourself.
I paid $8.00 per tank and that included a fill.
I am assuming this is a visual- and where is this, my tank needs a visual.
Allsafe also charges for an additional amount in addition for the visual inspection, there's an extra charge for the new oring, and they don't replace the burst disc and plug. Didn't make much of a discount when it all added up.