MNScuba.com

Full Version: Treasure Hunt/Crosby Pits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to let you know about the upcoming Treasure Hunt and campout in Crosby Minnesota at the Mine Pits hosted by Northwest Divers, Moorhead MN and Pink Barracuda Dive Shop, Detroit Lakes MN.
The campout will run August 1st, 2nd and 3rd, with the treasure hunt running the entire weekend. There are over 30 prizes to be given away including a Scuba Pro MK16/S550 regulator and Tusa Liberator 2 BC, wetsuits, masks, accessories and lots of other goodies. There will be air available on site. Registration will be $15.00 and will continue from Friday a.m. through noon Sunday with prizes given away around 2:00 p.m. You may also register prior to the event by stopping in at one of the dive shops.

We will be going up early and there will be signs posted to get you in to the treasure hunt area. If anyone wishes to go up Thursday with us or is looking for a ride, please let me know in advance and we can try to arrange something. The dive shop will be closed July 31st through August 3rd for this event so please get your supplies before then.

Directions from Crosby/Ironton are to take Co Rd 30 about one mile, watch for an odd shaped field on your right and turn left onto “Pit Road”. Treasure hunt site will be the first road on the left. The dive access is is located at Hopkins Mine. We will let you know when you register, which pits have prizes in them and you can start searching!

We are leaving the camping arrangements up to you. There is a campground in Crosby/Ironton a short drive from the mine pits. This is $17 per night and there are showers available. Their phone number is 218-546-5021. There is also an 8 spot rustic campground at the Portsmouth Mine. If you don’t mind roughing it, you can camp right in the mine pit area, but please remember to clean up after yourselves and use the fire pits available near most of the dive sites.

We will be diving all weekend, trying different sites. Bring along some warmer gear, hoods, gloves etc as the mine pits can be cooler than area lakes.

Becky Kjonaas

Pink Barracuda Dive Shop
515 Washington Avenue
Detroit Lakes MN 56501
218-847-6100
218-847-6108 Fax
Serious Diving, Serious Fun!