MNScuba.com

Full Version: dry suits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What in your opinion is the best all around dry suit for both preformance and cost? I am thinking that I would like to purchace a brand new one and wanted to get some idea of what people who use them think. Please give your thoughts and or comments, they would be much appreciated.
Tough question and I don't think there is one right definitive answer. There are a lot of good drysuit mfgs. out there...DUI, Diving Concepts, DiveRite, Andy's, to name a few. I'd say go check out the local shops and ask lots of questions and try some on. Some manufacturers stock sizes fit certain people better than others. Of course custom sizing would be the way to go but it's much more spendy. You should be able to find a stock suit to fit good. Also, you need to look at what you want or need for options such as material type, pockets, etc. Also, don't rule out buying a used suit. I picked up a used demo model DUI TLS350 this spring and with the money I saved buying the suit used I was able to buy some nice bellows pockets, drygloves and undergarments for the price of a new suit without the extras.