MNScuba.com

Full Version: LAKE ELMO FUN DIVE MOVED TO PERCH LAKE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tracy & I made an attempt on Lake Elmo and found visibility to be poor. We would like to invite all interested divers to join us at Perch Lake on Thursday, July 31 at 6:00 pm in the boat launch parking lot. $5.00 gets you an air fill or rental tank and some good food. Please call the store to sign up.
Ummm, I'm not familar with the location of Perch Lake. Could you please post directions (Perch is not in the 'Lake Info section). Thanks.
Here is the link for Perch Lake info.
Thanks for the info. It isn't too far for me! What's the lake like? I see it's 90' deep - are there any 'interesting things' on the bottom, i.e., Mr. Bones, Gazing Ball, etc. Thanks.
I think where they state 90ft. is incorrect. The Wisconsin Lake finder shows a max depth of 63ft. I've been to 50ft. in Perch and I can't see it getting much deeper than that unless there is a little hole somewhere. There are some sites in the lake though. There are a couple platforms, an excavating scoop, a small boat, and lots of old beer cans and bottles. It's a pretty nice lake though. I like it better than Square and it's about the same distance from the twin cities as Square is.
Mark and I are thinking about running up there tonight, any advice on access points, good spots to set up gear, etc?

How far is the parking lot from a good gear staging area?
Most people use the main parking lot up on the hill above the lake and gear up there and walk down the stairs and enter the water at the road. Otherwise you can drive around to the other side of the lake and enter from the park. The park charges admission though similar to Square Lake.