MNScuba.com

Full Version: Treasure Hunt this weekend, Crobsy Pits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a quick reminder that our treasure hunt is this coming weekend in Crosby MN at the mine pits. It will run all weekend from Friday noon to Sunday with registration starting Friday a.m. and running until Sunday noon. Prizes will be given away around 2 p.m. Sunday afternoon.
Directions to the registration area are as follows: From the Crosby/Ironton area, to take Co Rd 30 about one mile, watch for an odd shaped field on your right and turn left onto “Pit Road”. Treasure hunt site will be the first road on the left. The dive access is is located at Hopkins Mine, "tree hugger access". We will try to get signs up as early as possible, so watch for those also.

We will let you know when you register, which pits have prizes in them and you can start searching!

We are leaving the camping arrangements up to you. There is a campground in Crosby/Ironton a short drive from the mine pits. This is $17 per night and there are showers available. Their phone number is 218-546-5021. There is also an 8 spot rustic campground at the Portsmouth Mine. If you don’t mind roughing it, you can camp right in the mine pit area, but please remember to clean up after yourselves and use the fire pits available near most of the dive sites.

The Dive shop will be closed Thursday through Sunday so if you need something, please let me know asap and I can bring it along.

Hope to see you there!