MNScuba.com

Full Version: Dry Suit Glove Seals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking for opinions. I have always pulled my dry-glove liners through the wrist seal to allow gas into the gloves (water flowing into the drysuit has happened twice).

Does anyone out there just remove the seal from the inside of the dry glove attachment ring so that it is easier to get in and out of the suit?

Seems like if I'm pulling the glove through the seal, I might as well just get rid of it (other than the fact that the seal at least slows down the water a bit).
I cut mine down to the last ring. The seal still holds but it is much looser than I would have cut it if I were diving wet gloves. I can slide my hands in with the liner gloves on with ease. Smile
I am using the Diving Concepts dry glove/ring system and have the rings mounted with the seals intact. For very cold dives or deeper dives I insert some vinyl aquarium tubing under the seals and it works great. It's very comfortable and is real effective in getting decent air flow into the gloves when needed. In the event of a major glove failure the tubing can be pulled out but if there were a minor leak it shouldn't wick up my arm too bad like it would with no seals since there is still a good seal over most all of my wrist. I've tried a couple other methods that weren't as effective or comfortable as the vinyl tubing...(coffee stir sticks which dug into my skin and was uncomfortable, and bungee cord and shoelaces which didn't allow enough air flow).
I have a variant of the DC glove system. I don't use the suit seal due to the PITA factor of trying to get the rings on and keeping the seal. The seal holds the ring to the suit and that's all. If I every seriously leaked the glove I am going to get wet.

Mine are set up like

JoelW

wtdrm

Hi Greg:
I put my gloves on just like you. The biggest reason I use drygloves is becuse the two rings I wear cut the seals.(the rings wont come off. A side benefit is that the wrist seals slide on much easier. The wrist seals are still intact so I can use wet gloves if the dry gloves fail. I am lucky in the fact that my hands seldom get cold in wet gloves.
My 2 cents worth.
DSAO