MNScuba.com

Full Version: WHY ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After a few weeks of not diving Lake Ore-be-Gone I was able to get in the water on Wednesday night. My buddy and I went around and checked the new boat bouy anchors to make sure they were holding We do have to reinstall one bouy. We also went looking for a weight pocket for one of the divers who lost it last week, but had no luck. After that we went to the speeders and boat then on the way back we stopped by the shallow training platform. A lot of fish were hanging out around the engine block and boat motor. We have seen a big increase to the number of divers in the area since the information has gotten out on the varity of dive sights we put in and that is really good. The one thing we did notice is that some of the smaller articles we put on the training platform ie: Mr. Nemo a small fish and a radio we found and put there 4 years ago has been taken. Who ever took the radio, I dought will ever work onced dried out the fish will probably look good in someone's fish bowl.
Why do divers have to take souvinour? Don't they what others to enjoy these things too? If anyone knows of those that do this ask them why.
We will keep putting little things in as we find them hopefully they will stay for others to see.
Yeah, that's when people steal the fun stuff.  That plastic fish was pretty cool.  I took a few pictures of that when we were up for the picnic.  The radio was down there last year and it was funny because Jason put a quarter in the battery compartment and when we came back up for the picnic last month I opened the compartment and it was still in there but was a bit corroded.
Hi Rick,
I wouldn't take anything off of a dive platform or something so obvious but.. I do have a collection of minnow buckets, anchors, and lessor "stuff" that I bring out of the water and these things I don't feel bad about scavenging. Unusual that something put there 4 years ago disappears.. (maybe it had some e-bay value Wink ) You don't suppose Nemo just swam away.. as is what happened in the following:
I placed a mnscuba frisbee down on a paddle boat I found at about -26' the other day and on the second dive down it was gone. I figured the turbulance from my fins on the first dive maybe moved it but I am real careful near the bottom not fin anymore so I didn't really think that is what happened. Only about 5 minutes later I found it nearly nuetral on it's way to the surface at about -10' like some hovering flying saucer, the darn things float! Not anymore though Smile
Fred
Good one Fred I didn't think about e-bay I'll have to lookon it
Nemo had been there for pictures since May I did forget to feed him so maybe he's out looking. We'll find another