MNScuba.com
Going Under Dive Center - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Going Under Dive Center (/showthread.php?tid=1369)

Pages: 1 2

Going Under Dive Center - shamre - 04-28-2004

For Advanced and technical training and classes and equipment, GUDC cannot be beat. They are also the definitive shop in the twin cities for rebreather training. GUDC: Keep up the great work guys.... I love your shop!

Re:Going Under Dive Center - ghosch - 04-28-2004

I agree, they also have a frequent buyers program that I have taken advantage of.

My paycheck, rather than going into my checking account, goes directly to GUDC. If there is anything left at the end of the year I get a refund to buy food and stuff Wink

I know one or two others on the board who have taken advantage of the program as well. Wink

Re:Going Under Dive Center - VintageDiverMN - 11-11-2004

Check out Ron's collection of vintage diving equipment, Ron has one of the finest collection in the country Smile

Re: Going Under Dive Center - Puck - 07-31-2006

Does anyone have any opinions on GUDC's travel packages? Experiences good or bad?  Suggestions, expectations, oddities?

Re: Going Under Dive Center - Callahad - 07-31-2006

Puck, I'm also enrolled in the the GUDC Direct Deposit / Frequent Buyers plan that ghosch mentioned. Unfortunately, with my meager college student income, I've always wound up with gear instead of trips. Maybe next year.

But for service and support, they can't be beat.

You know a shop's good when you're a 1,500 miles away in Florida learning to cave dive and you regret making purchases at Ginnie Springs when that money could go into Chuck's ever-sarcastic palm.

Chuck also goes above and beyond, watching out for my personal fitness as well as my diving. Why, it was a few months ago that he and I played a game of fetch with my credit card across the store. It was then he also reminded me that "Shopping at Going Under is a privledge, not a right." And it's a privledge I don't want to lose.

Seriously, the staff at GUDC are phenominal. Give them your money.

Re: Going Under Dive Center - Mark Y - 08-01-2006

I've been on a few:

Truk/Palau
Oronogo, MO. (2-3 times, I forget  ;D)
Presque Isle, MI.
White Fish Point, MI.
Isle Royale, MI. (3)
Silver Bay, MN. (2)

As you can tell, I like cold water diving better than warm...

They have all been fun, a good time, well worth it.  It's never just dive and go back to the hotel/motel, although if you want to, you can.  If you like exploring the local flavor, GUDC folks are always up to/for the task!

The only 'questionable' trip was one of the Silver Bay trips when the boat rafted on a large rock.  But that was the dive boat operator error and GUDC has since then changed operators.

I would love to go on more, especially out of the USA, but timing is everything (that is, it's easier for me to take 3 days off vs. 10 days).

What trip are you thinking of taking?

Re: Going Under Dive Center - wtdrm - 08-01-2006

Thats funny. "fetch with your credit card" I also belong to the Ghosch method. Best money I have ever spent.

However there is a point where you get all you need, then just have fun.
Callahad, you have seen my trailer. Every thing is from GUDC. Most of it long before CN3 came on the scene.

As far as trips go. I have been on quite a few also. I'm not in Marks level but pretty close.
GUDC has trips for every level, from beginner to Advanced tech.
I for one hope that never changes

Re: Going Under Dive Center - wtdrm - 08-01-2006

Proof that he does go on trips. I wont identify him by name, however those that know him will appreciate the pose.

Re: Going Under Dive Center - Mark Y - 08-02-2006

I always go into 'deep-reflective-meditation' before a dive.

You can so  :-* my arse...  ;D

Re: Going Under Dive Center - Osprey - 08-18-2006

Can someone elaborate on the Frequent Buyers Program? Is this like "eflex" or something, where you can have X amount of dollars from your paycheck put into an account with GUDC? Ooh! Does this come out before taxes?!