MNScuba.com
SMB Location - Inspiration CCR - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: SMB Location - Inspiration CCR (/showthread.php?tid=1452)

Pages: 1 2

SMB Location - Inspiration CCR - Mark Y - 05-24-2004

Where do you carry a SMB while diving an Inspiration CCR? I've seen a few configurations and am wondering what works best.

Any comments and/or suggestions?

Re:SMB Location - Inspiration CCR - igotoofar - 05-24-2004

I don't remember if you have pockets on your Dry Suit. I suppose part of your decision would depend on the type of SMB you were using. (With fill bottle or not.)

Re:SMB Location - Inspiration CCR - Mark Y - 05-24-2004

No drysuit pockets. My SMB has a small cylinder for inflation (makes it a bit bulkier).

I know you dive a Dolphin - where do you place your SMB?

Re:SMB Location - Inspiration CCR - igotoofar - 05-24-2004

So far, on my buddy! ;D

I think I might attach it to the bottom of my setup. I have seen others do that. Not sure if I it should go be attached to the tank or the dolphin.

Re:SMB Location - Inspiration CCR - Inspirationdiver - 05-25-2004

I use surgical tubing to butt mount it. There is a lower D-ring on the Inspiration harness that works really well for this. I can reach it easily and it never gets in my way. I never liked mounting it on my stage bottles because it either would come loose or else the hose routing for the reg. would get messed up when I pulled the bag out.

Re:SMB Location - Inspiration CCR - rcojr - 05-25-2004

AP Valves makes a bag that mounts on your waist strap. It is big enough for the SMB with an inflation tank. I just pick one up and will be trying it shortly.

Re:SMB Location - Inspiration CCR - ghosch - 05-26-2004

I drilled four holes in the bottom of my shell and mounted it there, I occasionally had problems when using the back D-ring, as the two rings of tubing were so close together.

The only problem with this approach is that you wind up setting the rebreather on the SMB when you put it on.

Re:SMB Location - Inspiration CCR - DRE - 05-26-2004

If you carry a flag with you the entire dive (which you are required by MN law) you wouldn't need an SMB Wink

Re:SMB Location - Inspiration CCR - Mark Y - 05-27-2004

Gotta admit, in most cases I don't carry a dive flag when boat diving. Imagine if every Cozumel diver used a dive flag!

I do use one in MN, though, when necessary. I use more than one if diving Lk. Mtka (one on boat, one on me and another one anchored near to boat).

BTW - does one need a dive flag when Cave Diving?!?!?!? ;D

Re:SMB Location - Inspiration CCR - igotoofar - 05-27-2004

Mark, We definitely had a Dive flag when we did our Ice Dives in Feb!