MNScuba.com
Dive Buddy List - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Dive Buddy List (/showthread.php?tid=162)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Re:Dive Buddy List - scubafreak - 12-12-2003

Looking for people to dive with. Lost my DiveBuddy in our Divorce.

I recently became a PADI MSDT in November. Love all forms of diving, I am getting more into the Technical end of diving. Primarily dive with doubles, deep, cold, dark, but also like a nice comfy dive with the right people.

Available on weekends, year around.

Wreck, Deep, Nitrox, Search & Recovery, Night, Underwater Navigator, Cavern, Ice & Adv. Nitrox & Decompressions Procedures Certified, plus more to come.

Dave Torry
Hutchinson Area
Cell (612) 799-4333
scubafreak@willmar.com

Re:Dive Buddy List - puddlejumper - 01-09-2004

Name: Steve Minor

Location: Currently doing time in Wisconsin (Something bad in a previous life I think.) St. Paul Originally.

Certifications: Padi Eanx, Rescue Diver, Naui Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Procedures, (March 04, anyone wanna come and take the course with me in Miami with an awsome instructor.)

# Dives 250 or so mostly wrecks.

Ok so here is the deal. I dive the Great Lakes. I have a boat. I DID not get enough diving in last year at all ???. So I wanna make sure I have enough scuba friends to dive all summer long. The boat is a 1985 24' Chaparral. I like this size as she fits a trailer and I can dive all over. She is equiped with radar, dual vhf radios, gps, depth finder, head, galley, fridge, etc. She is capable of floating four divers, or three tec divers. I wanna meet all you diver types. We had a pretty bad year last year and dove some real crappy wrecks. Mesquite, Langham, Isle Royale, Wisconsin, Bermuda, Selvik, Er Williams, Cedarville, Young. Gee I haope to have that bad a year again. I am not a charter! The way we have done this in the past is we split evrything up equally. The average weekend trip last year cost each of us about $90.00. That was truck gas, boat gas, food, alchohol, and hotels.

Everyone is welcome but we do dive D.I.F. Do it fun! So e-mail me all you want.

BTW- I will post a picture of my boat if someone tells me how.

Re:Dive Buddy List - amyland - 01-22-2004

Amy Robertson
Golden Valley
Desperately seeking dive buddies.
PADI Divemaster, deep, wreck, altitude, ice, drysuit, New Zealand Dive Tech certified. Have all own equipment, dry suit etc...
Did all of my training in the south pacific and New Zealand, am not yet used to non-metric diving, need a buddy here in MN. Haven't done much lake diving, need people to show me freshwater good times.
I am always free and down to dive!

Re:Dive Buddy List - Chadwick - 01-23-2004

Chad Elstad
Minnetonka, MN.
AOW Certified, looking at Rescue Diver in June '04.
Love diving whether it is lake or ocean. Smile
I have most of the gear and working on the rest.

Re:Dive Buddy List - VintageDiverMN - 01-30-2004

The Inland Divers Vintage Dive Club is always looking for new members. We collect and dive with old double hose regulators. Email me at CaptSCUBAofMagda@aol.com. Frans Carlson, president.

Re:Dive Buddy List - aristoff - 01-31-2004

New to diving this year, will be doing the open water training the first part of the summer. would like to go out several times this summer. can go on weekends and some weekdays.

live in the Twin Cities area, also love the vstar.

8)

Re:Dive Buddy List - PJK - 02-04-2004

SmileHi Amyland, Welcome to Minnesota. Its good to know their is another tech diver in the area. I have a great idea for you to meet other quality dive buddies in our area. Please come to the "Dive Into the Past" Show Saturday, February 28th. The GLSPS, (Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society) has gone through great depths to put on this "GREAT" show. The show is a fundraiser, and we need your support. For more information on our Show and what our Society is about, please log onto our web site at, . I guarantee you will have fun, learn some things about the area and Lake Superior, and meet alot of people there! Maybe you would like to become a member? Its not very expensive! (only $20.00). We do alot of neat things underwater on Historical shipwrecks in an attempt to preserve them. This summer we are planning to launch our own work boat!! Please take the time to attend the show and be sure to stop by our booth. Look for the 1st Vice President (me), I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

P.S This goes for all of you new and old divers looking for dive buddies!!

Safe Diving,

PJK

Re:Dive Buddy List - VintageDiverMN - 02-11-2004

Has anyone thought of putting together a list of SCUBA diving clubs in MN?

Re:Dive Buddy List - PJK - 02-11-2004

Even though the GLSPS (Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society) is not a dive club, a list of well organized clubs would be a very good idea.
Minnesota Frogman is one that I know of. However, the lead person of that dive club (Cliff Wheeler) pasted away recently from cancer. I do not know if the club is still going. I can find out and post it for everyone.

The GLSPS is a Society that has paying members. Some of the other funds are raised by fund raising efforts like the "Dive Into The Past" show coming up this month Saturday Feb 28th. Other merchandise, such as t-shirts, special published books and etc, are also used to support efforts to preserve underwater Historical shipwrecks on Lake Superior.
Our group mainly covers the North Shore and Isle Royale.
We also do some preservation work in the Apostles Islands off Bayfield Wisconsin.

If we do any other diving at all, we are not allowed to use the Societies funds. In fact, the divers involved with some of the projects like the "Ely" are mostly funding the projects themselves, (except for a few materials given to us by local businesses). We are a very dedicated group of people who are making sure that diving on the shipwrecks are not taken from you the divers. I know that everyone I talked to that has dived on these shipwrecks, highly enjoyed themselves.

We should all pitch in and help Preserve the Historical Shipwrecks as much as we can. We can do this by joining the GLSPS for $20.00 and become an active member in the Society. We are always looking for new active members and supporters.

Check out the GLSPS web sit at, to receive more detail as to what we are about. What better way to meet new dive buddies. We have a group of divers that have a great deal of experience that everyone can learn from!!

Come hang out with us and tell lots of diving stories!

Hope to see and meet you all at the Annual "Dive Into The Past" show sponsored by the GLSPS and many other supporters.

Safe Diving

PJK

Re:Dive Buddy List - jevans - 02-15-2004

Just looking to get my e-mail out there in case anyone wants to get together to go up to the crosby area.
E-mail: jevans896@hotmail.com
# of Dives: 78
Cert: Divemaster
I have my own gear and consider myself to be a safe diver. I've never done wreck or cave dives as I think I need more experience before I apply any more risk. I plan to go through Ice diving yet this winter and if I get enough dives in will probably do some wreck diving in Superior. If you happen to be driving up 169 on your way to crosby for a weekend drop me a line if you need a buddy. Wink