MNScuba.com
Dive Buddy List - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Dive Buddy List (/showthread.php?tid=162)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Re:Dive Buddy List - DRE - 02-15-2004

Steve,

are you taking the class with Lesley Jacques (Runawaylobster) in Miami this March, and when will you be there? My wife and I will be in Ft. Lauderdale from March 25th until April 3rd, with time to do some diving after the 29th. Let me know if you'd like to hook up.

Best,
David.

Re:Dive Buddy List - DiveCaptDean - 02-16-2004

I am Living in Milwaukee, but a Northern MN native. Originally from the Iron Range (Mt. Iron), then Duluth. Did not dive as a kid up on the range, and want to get back there to do some of the iron ore pits/quarries that i grew up swimming in. I also have not dove in Duluth. This makes me ill. I am there alot, usually for a full weekend. I would love to hook up with someone to dive some of those sites. I have also done some research and wish to find some of the old wrecks that are still in the harbor and river in that area. ;D

I run WreckXpress Dive charters out of Milwaukee and welcome anyone to drop me a line if they plan to do some great Lake Michigan wreck diving.

I am always interested when people are heading to Wazee

PADI dive master (candidate) wreck, ice,dry, nitrox,deep

Be well and happy diving

Dive Safe, Dive Often

Dean

Re:Dive Buddy List - Brian2MN - 02-18-2004

I'm new to diving this year, just completed my pool training and will be doing my open water dives in the Bahamas in March. I'm hoping to get up to Superior, Crosby, Wazee, or any area dive site once or twice per month once everyone gets started.

I'm planning to at least take the wreck diver and hopefully the deep diver courses as soon as I can this summer. I have all equipment including BCD, 7MM suit, computer, tank, etc.

I live in Red Wing and would be willing to hook up with people in the Twin Cities or elsewhere and carpool or meet. I'm spending a lot of money this year on certification, training, and equipment, and definitly want to get some good use on it.

Re:Dive Buddy List - Polson - 03-04-2004

Hi,
I haven't posted before, but I thought I'd answer the question about the Minnesota Frogmen: We are very much still alive--have been continuously active since approx 1946. Cliff Wheeler was a fantastic diver and mentor to many of us, and was still taking people out on his boat to dive until just a few weeks before his death. We all miss him terribly. We meet the 2nd Tuesday of each month at Wayzata McDonald's at 7:00 pm, except occasionally when someone hosts the meeting at their home. There are about 25 members, and we get some kind of local diving in every weekend from about May through November. Occasionally, we go on trips to Superior or the Florida Keys, and we usually get in an ice-dive each year. Everyone dives at their own risk, we don't supervise, insure, or instruct. We just love to get wet. Feel free to stop in at a meeting or two & see if you like us. If you decide to join, yearly dues are $35.00. We don't have a website, but we communicate through e-mail & have a monthly e-newsletter for members, and the monthly meeting in case you don't like computers. :Smile

Re:Dive Buddy List - scubagopher - 04-13-2004

Name: Mike Varro
Experience: beginer with about 4 years of occasional diving.
Vice President of the Scuba Club at the University of Minnesota.
My brother and I started up the Scuba club at the U of M and are currently searching for members (students and alumni) and also others who would like to go on outings. We recently had 7 tanks and a wonderful Zodiac from a very very generous donation from an alumni club member. (apparantely the club was big few years back)
Anyways I am very excited to start going on some larger group activities and so is my brother, he is also a student (graduate student) at the U.
my email is mikevarro@hotmail.com
i will post here more in the future with club events if recruiting goes well here on campus. Some events we hope to have are trips to the madiera for weekend of camping and diving. (maybe use the zodiac there) and other trips to local lakes for barbeques and diving. Drop me anytime and enjoy the diving!

Re:Dive Buddy List - shamre - 04-16-2004

;D
Stephen Hamre
Fridley, MN
Looking for dive buddy to dive local area lakes and quarries,crosby,and some wreck diving on north shore and in superior. Naui Advanced rating and working on Master rating.
have done numerous lake and low viz diving, also some wreck diving. If interested in diving sometime and need buddy you can contact me at [email][/email]stephenhamre@yahoo.com

Re:Dive Buddy List - Okiediver - 04-28-2004

I will be spending about 6-8 weeks in Minnesota this summer and am looking for someone / somewhere to dive with. Most of the time I will be in the Alexandria area, but I also be in the Twin Cities. I will be completeing my SLAM and AOW course next weekend. Thanks in advance for any help.

Re:Dive Buddy List - O.P. - 06-03-2004

Name: Olivier Perrin
Certification: PADI AOW, Nitrox
Number of Dives: 24

Available to dive on weekends, some week nights with advanced notice. E-mail me anytime at olivierperrin@yahoo.com

Re:Dive Buddy List - tim - 06-28-2004

Just moved to Burnsville from ND. Now I'm a REAL MNscubaer Big Grin. Looking forward to partaking in local diving with y'all. Look way down for rest of my info.

Re:Dive Buddy List - Minkgrrl - 07-05-2004

Hi potential dive buddies,

I've just moved to Minneapolis from San Francisco, barely know my way around or know where to dive here. I have only been certified a few months.

Any group or anyone out there who would not mind taking a beginner? Maybe some suggestions on where to dive?

Anyway, I'm really glad you're here. Thanks.