MNScuba.com
Lake Wazee - June 22nd - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Lake Wazee - June 22nd (/showthread.php?tid=181)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Lake Wazee - June 22nd - Chris - 03-12-2002

Let's check out the Wall!<br>Anybody been here and know when the best time to go would be? I'm anxious to see this, lets go!<br><br>Hopefully someone's been there and can help plan this one.

Re: Lake Wazee - LKunze - 03-12-2002

Right on...Wazee is way at the top of my list for summer dives too!

Re: Lake Wazee - Derrick - 03-12-2002

I've been to Wazee a few times. The best time I think to go is unfortunately in the early spring when the lake is colder than in the later part of the summer/fall. Which doesn't mean much because it is always cold below the thermoclines. Last year I dove with some people who didn't want to go below the first (maybe second ?) thermocline which I think was around 25' (don't remember for sure). It was later in the summer when visibility is poor. But, the wall seem to have better vis than Sherwood Forest. It was a pretty cool dive just following the wall above the thermocline. You could always sick you hand down a few inches to make sure your depth was constant. I think any time of the year the vis is good enough to have a really cool dive. I plan on going out there when the Hammerheads go in April.<br><br>Derrick

Re: Lake Wazee - Chris - 03-12-2002

Thanks for the info Derrick, would June 22nd be too late? Or would it be better to do the Wazee dive in place of the Crosby dive?

Re: Lake Wazee - jasondbaker - 03-12-2002

<br>I've been there a couple times between Jun-Jul with no visibility problems.  Hearing that visibility is even better in the spring makes me wonder.  <br><br>I was probably one of those people that didn't want to go below 40'.  You are talking dry suit action then. <br><br>Of course, sign me up for this one.  Definitely an easy fun dive.

Re: Lake Wazee - Derrick - 03-12-2002

Quote:Thanks for the info Derrick, would June 22nd be too late? Or would it be better to do the Wazee dive in place of the Crosby dive?
<br><br>Sorry for misleading everybody  Sad Anytime of the year Wazee has excellent vis compared to Square Lake's absolute best (just stay away from classes stirring it up). I think it is comparable to Crosby or maybe better. After a rain vis goes down. I think all lakes lose there visibility later in the season. Ice diving is supposed to be the best time for visibility in lakes.<br><br>This year, I am trying to try to make it once a month until ice diving begins.<br><br>Derrick

Lake Wazee for my OW Cert... - Chris - 03-21-2002

Well folks, it looks like I'll be going here for my OW certification in May. We'll keep planning a trip here though, but I'd still like to do the Crosby weekend.

Re: Lake Wazee - June 22nd - hgs_notes - 04-01-2002

Where the hell is Lake Wazee? Never heard of it, can't find anything on it.<br><br>HG

Re: Lake Wazee - June 22nd - Derrick - 04-01-2002

Here is a link to one of the two scuba shops within a couple of miles of Lake Wazee<br><br>http://www.discover-net.net/~wazee/index.htm - some info.<br><br>It is in Wisconsin, in or next to Black River Falls off of 94. According to mapquest, Black River Falls is 133 miles from St. Paul.<br><br>Camping at Lake Wazee is very convenient, walking distance to "the wall" site. There are a few hotels near by, even a nice casio/hotel next to Wazee Sports Center.<br><br>Chris, are you doing your OW with FantaSea May 18 & 19th? Maybe I'll have to join you guys.<br><br>Derrick<br><br>

Re: Lake Wazee - June 22nd - LKunze - 05-28-2002

If this one is still on I won't be able to make it as I have a wedding to attend on the 22nd.