MNScuba.com
Crosby Dive - June 8th - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Crosby Dive - June 8th (/showthread.php?tid=183)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Re: Crosby Dive - June 8th - DanL - 06-05-2002

Two weeks ago the water temp was  38F at 50ft.  Probably a bit warmr now, but not much. Me and two others I know of ahd freezeups/freeflows - probably due to cold water and shootin up the drysuit.  (My IP was high too - over 145 - now down to 135)<br>Ill be using a 7mil wetsuit/hood/etc - fine for me, but most use drysuits this early.<br>Campsite not chosen as far as I know.  Planning to get a recommendation from the shop in Brainerd, MSD and deciding with other early arrivals where to camp/dive.<br><br>

Re: Crosby Dive - June 8th - lrmoll - 06-06-2002

Itinerary: <br>Friday<br>* Go up Friday afternoon <br>* Stop at the dive shop shortly before 5pm<br>* Find and setup camp. <br>* Leave information to find campsite at MDS and Trocana's in Crosby <br>Saturday/Sunday<br>* Find buddies at camp and dive.   <br>* Refill tanks (MSD closes at 5:00) <br><br>Things you need to know:<br>* Directions to camp site will be left at MSD and Trocana's in Crosby. At this time I do not plan on going back to MSD Saturday morning.<br>* MSD phone number 218.829.5953<br>* Trocana's phone number 218.546.7667 (From directory assistance)<br><br>Things to decide: <br>Where to camp? We will decide after talking to the LDS. Instant message me your cell phone numbers and I will send you mine. Although back in the pits I hear coverage is spotty. I will also be carrying an FRS radio If you have one of these (Motorola Walkabouts) set to channel 9 code 11 when you think you are close and we can maybe talk you in.<br><br>It might be a good idea for singles to double or triple up in the tents<br>  <br>People coming:16 (1 maybes), Camping: 11<br> <br>Chris   <br>gp, Camping, MSD at 5:00  <br>MNLakeDiver , Camping   <br>jasondbaker, Camping, MSD at 5:00 <br>lrmoll, Camping , MSD at 5:00  <br>brucev    <br>MarkNeedham, Camping, MSD at 5:00   <br>MNClimber , Camping,  8:00  <br>Chumly (Maybe)   <br>Tim & Anna  <br>Submerged , Camping , 8:00  <br>Ben, Camping<br>sreiling, Camping <br>Dan_Solo, Camping Saturday<br>tcjtn0<br>DanL, Camping, MSD at 5:00            

ARGH - !@##$$##!!! - Chris - 06-06-2002

Just got back from the Dr's Office, seems as though my cough is being caused from my outer ear infection moving to my middle ear and therefore have to take 3 drugs and cannot dive for at least 10 days. This has not been my year so far. Make sure you guys and gals have an awesome time and someone dive a tank for me would ya?<br><br>Also, there is a room opening up due to my cancellation if anyone is interested... One double bed, non-smoking.<br><br>I'll be at home watching Cousteau or JAWS or something... I'm gonna go cry now and unpack my scuba gear... sniff.

Re: Crosby Dive - June 8th - jasondbaker - 06-06-2002

<br>I feel for ya Chris....<br><br>Lonnie/Dan/Leon -- any of you want to carpool?  Or, we could meet outside the cities on the way and follow each other up.  I'm hoping to be on the road by 2pm. I can leave anytime after noon.<br><br>Also, I have a 4-man tent.  If anyone wants to share let me know.  It's way more room than I'll need.

Re: Crosby Dive - June 8th - DanL - 06-06-2002

Chris, sorry to hear you can't make it.  It may turn out to be a wet weekend (out of the water).<br>Jason, I plan to leave sometime after noon, but work will determine exactly when.  Hoping to get to MSD by 5.  They have my wetsuit for some work.  As of taoday it wasn't done -I'll find out tomorrow before I leave.  Worst case, they don't ahve it finished and I scratch the trip.<br>My cell is 612-532-3011.<br><br>

Re: Crosby Dive - June 8th - Markn - 06-07-2002

I hope to be at the dive shop by 5pm, work permitting of course.<br>Looking forward to seeing you all there.<br>Mark

Re: Crosby Dive - June 8th - tim - 06-07-2002

Work calls Sad so we wont be able to make it.  Have fun and we will try to make the next one<br>Tim and Anna<br>

Re: Crosby Dive - June 8th - SUBMERGED - 06-07-2002

I'm all packed and ready to roll.  Should be up there around 7pm.   My cell is 612-860-0620

Re: Crosby Dive - June 8th - Markn - 06-09-2002

Leon,<br>Thanks for organising a great weekend :-)<br>To those that waited for me, a big thank you. It was absolutly wonderful weekend, which was made better by you all.<br>See you next time.<br>Mark

Re: Crosby Dive - June 8th - LKunze - 06-09-2002

Quote:Leon,<br>Thanks for organising a great weekend :-)<br>To those that waited for me, a big thank you. It was absolutly wonderful weekend, which was made better by you all.<br>See you next time.<br>Mark
<br>I second that...This was a real fun weekend, can't wait to get back! Smile