MNScuba.com
Local dives this weekend (6/1-6/2) - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Local dives this weekend (6/1-6/2) (/showthread.php?tid=184)

Pages: 1 2

Local dives this weekend (6/1-6/2) - jasondbaker - 05-29-2002

<br>Who wants to do some local dives this weekend? I'm thinking Little Long Lake on Saturday afternoon and Christmas Lake on Sunday morning. Two dives at each site.<br><br>I have not been to either lake and want to check them out. If you have other suggestions let me know!<br>

Re: Local dives this weekend (6/1-6/2) - Chris - 05-29-2002

I'm looking to dive this weekend as well. Sounds good to me for both trips. I'd like to swing by FantaSea Saturday prior to the first dive and grab a second tank though.<br><br>----<br>Looks like Little Long Lake is almost straight west of Mound.

Re: Local dives this weekend (6/1-6/2) - LKunze - 05-29-2002

I'd like to do a couple dives at Little Long Lake on Saturday.  I think I'll pass on Christmas...I wasn't too crazy about that lake when I dove it a month ago. Smile

Re: Local dives this weekend (6/1-6/2) - MNClimber - 05-29-2002

Quote:Looks like Little Long Lake is almost straight west of Mound.
<br><br>It's very close to Mound.   is a map on Mapquest that is very close to Little Long Lake if anyone needs it.  The public boat access is on Game Farm Road.<br><br>My gear is currently getting it's yearly check-up, but if it's ready by this weekend, I would be interested in joining you guys out there...<br><br>Mike

Re: Local dives this weekend (6/1-6/2) - jasondbaker - 05-29-2002

<br>GP, I keep hearing good things about christmas.  Maybe the visibility has improved since the last time you were there!  If you have a different suggestion I'm all ears.<br><br>Chris, we could meet at the lake around 1pm.  That would give you extra time to stop by Fantasea.  

Re: Local dives this weekend (6/1-6/2) - LKunze - 05-30-2002

The viz at Christmas was about 8 ft when I dove there last (about a month ago) which isn't too bad I guess.  One problem with the lake though is the muddy bottom.  It's so muddy that it was actually hard to lift your feet out of it just walking out to deep water.  Jose got his foot stuck and lost a fin in about 3 feet of water but luckily found it after a 15 minute search.  It was like searching through oil.  Advice...don't put your fins on until the water is deep enough to swim in, and it's a fairly long swim out to deep water.  The area we dove was about as far out as I'd want to go without a boat and there was nothing to see except an ugly black mud bottom.  Maybe there is good diving on the South end of the lake but there isn't a public access anywhere else except the main little boat access on the North end.  I believe JoelW said there used to be but they closed it awhile back.  As Joel said in the Christmas Lake post too, go early as there is very limited parking (only 6 double length slots).  Â  <br>   Anyway...I would love to dive at Little Long Lake Saturday.  I haven't been there yet so it should be fun.  I plan to be there by 1:00pm.  See you guys there. Smile

Re: Local dives this weekend (6/1-6/2) - Chris - 05-30-2002

Right now it looks like I'll be doing the Saturday dive but not the Sunday dive... My Sister is coming up from Illinois so I want to spend some time with her, show her around, etc... Too bad she doesn't dive!<br><br>Anyway, see you guys at 1:00.

Quote:Right now it looks like I'll be doing the Saturday dive but not the Sunday dive.
<br> That might be good anyway...looking at the forecast it's looking like thunderstorms on Sunday but Dry through Saturday. Smile

Re: Local dives this weekend (6/1-6/2) - MNLakeDiver - 05-30-2002

I might be able to make one dive on Sat. I have some thigs to do here first then i can swing out as it's so close.  I'll try to rember fins this time :Smile

Quote:I'll try to rember fins this time :Smile
<br>LOL!!! Yeah...fins are good to bring. Tongue<br>