MNScuba.com
Dive Computers - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Dive Computers (/showthread.php?tid=205)

Pages: 1 2 3

Dive Computers - lwright - 08-08-2002

Can anyone offer any feedback on the Suunto Cobra dive computer? I'm thinking about purchasing one in a few days.

Re:Dive Computers - Chris - 08-08-2002

From what I've heard (never used one myself), they are really awesome units. I currently use the Suunto Mosquito and it seems to work well. However my next computer will more than likely be an air integrated Uwatec.

Re:Dive Computers - LKunze - 08-08-2002

I've heard good things about the Cobra too but I prefer wristmounting the computer as opposed to a console. I currently dive the Vyper and like it, but if I had wanted air integration then I'd of gone with the new Vytec over the Cobra just because it is wristmountable and the Cobra isn't.

Re:Dive Computers - lwright - 08-08-2002

I have to agree with you guys that the wrist mounted computers are better to work with, but I'm worried that I may lose it. Those things are easy to misplace if you take it off of your wrist if you are on a boat. Thanks for the feedback Smile

Re:Dive Computers - jasondbaker - 08-08-2002

<br>I lost a really nice dive watch once because I took it off after the dive and placed on my Jeep's rear bumper. I discovered it missing half-way back from wazee.<br><br>I have had gear break in consoles after only a dozen dives -- mostly from dive boat operators throwing my equipment around.

Re:Dive Computers - javelindan - 03-02-2003

I have a Suunto Mosquito dive computer and when I went to put it on for a recent ice dive, I found it difficult to secure over the bulk of the dry suit and my undergarments (incl. the extension strap). Instead, I simply strapped it on my analog guage console... something to consider if you want the best of both worlds (a wrist and/or console mount) without your computer being air integrated. Additionally, I've read it's important to have backup systems for the basic dive info systems and this provides that as well.

Re:Dive Computers - igotoofar - 03-02-2003

I have been trying to decide between the Cobra and the VR3, andybody use the VR3 and have good/bad things to say about it?

Re:Dive Computers - lwright - 03-02-2003

I'll really like the Cobra a lot, so I don't think you could go wrong with the Cobra.

Re:Dive Computers - jasondbaker - 03-03-2003

javlindan, one word... bungies. Replace the wrist strap on your computer with bungies and you can don and remove the wrist computer much easier.

Re:Dive Computers - Chris - 03-03-2003

Yep, I did that with my Mosquito after seeing Jason's and Lonnie's setup... much easier in my opinion.