MNScuba.com
Lake Mine - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Lake Mine (/showthread.php?tid=2169)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Lake Mine - LKunze - 02-20-2006

Check the second post in this thread.  Wink

Re: Lake Mine - LKunze - 04-23-2006

Dove Lake Mine today.  Viz was down likely due to recent rain but still 20+ feet.  MAKA and I raised the buoy at the buildings site and ran a line from the buildings to the pillar.  We also ran a line from the buildings down to "The Alien" at the top of the wall at 100 feet.  Nice day of diving!

Re: Lake Mine - sagacity - 04-24-2006

I see you have made a few posts about fixing stuff at dives sites. How could I get more involved in helping with that sort of thing?

Re: Lake Mine - LKunze - 06-25-2006

We did three dives over at Lake Mine this weekend.  We fixed up the line from the pillar to the buildings staking it down where it got a little high off the bottom where the contour dips a bit.  I was surprised how much silt had stuck to the line since Matt and I put it in back in April.  That nylon line is like a silt magnet.

Re: Lake Mine - Maka - 08-04-2006

We did a few dives at Lake Mine today as part of the Air Down There SCUBA "Take a Day Off and Dive" day.  Vis was not too bad.  We fixed the "Alien" a little.

Some pictures from today.

Re: Lake Mine - Roger Southwick - 08-05-2006

Nice pics!  I especially like the one of the -- they make for a nice, calm, surreal still-life.

Lake Mine must be a fun place... I'll have to try it some time.  Thanks for the report & photos.

Re: Lake Mine - Maka - 08-06-2006

Thank you for the compliment, Roger.  The pits up there are phenomenal, you're welcome to join us anytime we go up there.

Re: Lake Mine - Maka - 09-04-2006

We dove our third dive at Lake Mine today, vis was pretty good.  some pics to wet every ones appetite. 

Re: Lake Mine - LKunze - 10-14-2006

We did a dive at Lake Mine today.  Water temp was 52F.  I sunk the buoy at the buildings dive site for the year.  If anyone still plans on diving up there before it freezes you can surface swim out to the pillar and follow the line underwater which leads to the buildings.

Re: Lake Mine - LKunze - 05-19-2007

Dan G, arcFlash and myself dove Lake Mine today.  Viz was real good 30+ feet.  We raised the buoy at the buildings site.  It was a chilly day up there.  It felt like late fall diving.  Can't wait to get back up there in June!