MNScuba.com
can't afford gasoline - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: can't afford gasoline (/showthread.php?tid=2438)

Pages: 1 2

can't afford gasoline - MNLakeDiver - 10-21-2005

flash movie I like

Re: can't afford gasoline - ghosch - 10-21-2005

So how high do people think gas prices actually have to get before it starts impacting day to day behavior in America?

Re: can't afford gasoline - CCRDIVER - 10-21-2005

Such a great dicision those Dem's made in not allowing anyone to build anymore Refineries in America.  There hasn't been a new Refinery in America since the 1980's.  And Kalifornia, even closed many because of enviornmental and other reasons. 

Sad to say but gas could be much lower and produced closer to home.  But no, lets pay the middle east and make them rich, so they can spend our money on thinks not so great for america. 

Re: can't afford gasoline - Mark Y - 10-21-2005

The same time people take the time to realize where our politicians are/have leading/lead us... And I don't make any distinction between donkeys and elephants...  >Big Grin

Re: can't afford gasoline - MNLakeDiver - 10-21-2005

This is the jokes section not the point fingers and blame people section  Smile

Re: can't afford gasoline - ghosch - 10-24-2005

Well, that is true.

I was hoping to kick off some lively conversation, guess it fizzled.

I still can't understand how 5% of the worlds population uses 20% of the worlds gas.

Where is the blame section?

Re: can't afford gasoline - DiverQueen - 02-22-2006

Why use gasoline when our automakers now make (some) vehicles that can burn E-85 (Minnesota Corn) Ethanol Fuel?  My 2000 Dodge Caravan gets a lowly 16 miles to the gallon but puts out less toxic emissions because I can run E-85 in it's 3.3L engine.  The best news is that it costs less than gas and benefits our farmers!

Re: can't afford gasoline - billatlake - 02-26-2006

03 taurus uses e-85 at 22 mpg vs 27mpg for unleaded....(summer numbers).
With the decreased mileage of e-85,  a quick check on price is gas price x .8=equivalent e-85 price.
(mix a gallon or 2 of gas in per tank in the winter for easier starting, though)
gas at 2.20 = e-85 at $1.76
Most of the time I can use less gas and not pay any more. 

IMHO
Now if I could get my Dive Buggy (Red Van) to eat that stuff...

Re: can't afford gasoline - spitfire_er - 04-19-2006

If we make E-85 here.... why does the price seem to go up with the price of Gasoline?

Re: can't afford gasoline - CCRDIVER - 04-19-2006

Thats because e-85 is more expensive to produce and is subsidised by the government.  Months ago an evestigation into why e-85 is costing so much even though it recieves subsaties was launched, havent heard if they did anything.