MNScuba.com
2007 Ice-Out poll - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: 2007 Ice-Out poll (/showthread.php?tid=2543)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: 2007 Ice-Out poll - gclassen - 03-24-2007

April  is a great month DQ, My birthday is on the 14th,,,a Saturday!!! ;D

Greg Wink

Re: 2007 Ice-Out poll - Michelle Crowe - 03-24-2007

Hey DQ and Gregory,
In the world where I come from, (CPA firm) any one born that week, we call you guys... Tax babies! 
;D
And speaking of birthdays,
If my memory has not failed me
I do believe there is another birthday today
of Maximum significance
as well...
(Happy Birthday Mx)
Hope you got an incredible birthday gift
that
you'll never forget!

Big Grin

But just for the record guys...

The

Best

are

Born

in

A
U
G
U
S
T
:-*

~Ciao~

Re: 2007 Ice-Out poll - LKunze - 03-26-2007

I don't know Matt...we might be ice free sooner than that with these warm temps and breeze!  Wink Some of the smaller lakes around the twin cities are ice free or nearly ice free already.  Anyone been out to scout out Perch or Square recently?

Re: 2007 Ice-Out poll - arcFlash - 03-26-2007

All the pond-ish lakes by me are open.

Can someone tell me when Calhoun opens.  It's easy to dive and close so it's good for weekdays and ice-out.

Oh, And I'll need a buddy, the Mrs will be cutting the grass. Smile

Ice out at the DNR

Re: 2007 Ice-Out poll - jleech - 03-26-2007

I don't know Matt...we might be ice free sooner than that with these warm temps and breeze!  Wink Some of the smaller lakes around the twin cities are ice free or nearly ice free already.  Anyone been out to scout out Perch or Square recently?
[/quote]

I was out at Square on Sunday afternoon.  There was still 6-8" of ice on 99.9% of the lake.  That valley tends to hold the cold in longer than most.

I was just out at Lake Phalan, and it is probably 60% ice free.  I'm guessing it will be open later this week.  I'll probably try to take a dip there this weekend sometime.

Jeff

Re: 2007 Ice-Out poll - LKunze - 03-26-2007

Jeff, I'd join you but I'm going to be out of town this weekend.  Let us know how it is.  I'm guessing it will take at least a week after ice out for the viz to clear up though.  There will likely be a lot of dirt and debris that was in the snow and ice that will need some time to settle.

Re: 2007 Ice-Out poll - jleech - 03-26-2007

Yeah, but it's not often you get a chance to get wet locally in March.  Maybe I'll have to make it an April Fools!

Jeff

Re: 2007 Ice-Out poll - VintageDiverMN - 03-27-2007

The ice is already out on Lake Magda

Re: 2007 Ice-Out poll - arcFlash - 03-27-2007

I'll go diving, in Phalan, if others are interested in a social this weekend.

Re: 2007 Ice-Out poll - Maka - 03-28-2007

Lake Jo and Owasso are pretty much free of ice as of this morning, but like lonnie said, it will take a week to have any viz. 

I guess I was way off on my April 17th... :-\