MNScuba.com
My first Dry Suit! - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: My first Dry Suit! (/showthread.php?tid=4760)

Pages: 1 2

My first Dry Suit! - Adam6521 - 12-23-2009

I recently purchased a Whites Fusion Dry Suit.  I did not want something used, I wanted to pay more and get a custom one.  Well than I came across Whites.  They don't make custom because with their material and different sizes they can fit a wide variety of body types, like mine.  It is a shell type suit.  It came with a one piece undergarmet, like fleece and an extra jacket, boots, bootys for your feet, and also has molded area by the back of the ankle to keep your fins in place.  Also came with an awesome carry bag.  The jacked is great to wear when not diving, plus the sleeves can zip off, so you have many options.  This style I can take it off and put it on by my self.  I am going to use it in the pool tonight, cant wait.

It will feel so much better diving shipwrecks in a Dry Suit than I did in my wet suit.  Of Course!  Also to see the difference in flexibility between the two first hand is cool.

Re: My first Dry Suit! - goaliemn - 12-23-2009

I just ordered a fusion today as well Smile  I can't wait for it to get here Big Grin

Re: My first Dry Suit! - mermaid - 12-23-2009

Congrats you guys. 

Re: My first Dry Suit! - goaliemn - 02-05-2010

My suit finally did arrive.  I went with the fusion and a custom undergarment.  The joys of being larger than most guys out there Tongue

The undies fit me like a glove, but almost too well.. They are a bit snug.  Should they be?  I wasnt' sure if they should be snug against my skin for moisture wicking purposes..  They hug my legs and arms perfectly.. it almost looks like a wetsuit when I'm wearing it.  When I bend over, it gets tight in my shoulders, but the material seems to be alittle stretchy, so I think its ok.

Re: My first Dry Suit! - jasondbaker - 02-06-2010

I'd say as long as the undies don't significantly restrict your motion or your breathing you should be okay. 

Re: My first Dry Suit! - Adam6521 - 02-06-2010

The first thing I tried was just UnderArmour Cold Gear top and bottom.  But this was in a warm pool, so I dont know what it will feel like for warmth in a lake.  Than if needed I have polor tech, fleece pants and sweatshirt.  Than of course the one piece suit that came with it and the jacket, than the sleeves zip off.  So there are so many options, I just need to wait for spring or do a ice dive to see which one would work for what.  But for deer hunting, I have underarmour, than fleece over that and than bibs and jacket and maybe a sweatshirt and it works good for moisture for me.  Like everyone says, you just want to stay away from cotton material, when looking to be in cold environments.  Than of course going to the one piece suit you need more weight, than you have to watch your sleeves to make sure the material does not interfere with you wrist seals.

Re: My first Dry Suit! - Dragon Eye - 02-06-2010

Today's diving in ice consisted of dry gloves, under armer, the big fuzzy bear(one piece fleece jumpsuit that I think has 3 layers) with two layers of socks. Toasty warm!  Here you'll likely wear that combo for the cold season.

Re: My first Dry Suit! - goaliemn - 02-18-2010

So my drysuit came.  I need to make some adjustments to the neck and wrist seals, but I'm a bit too chicken to do it alone Tongue  Anyone with some drysuit seal cutting experience want to help me out? Smile

Re: My first Dry Suit! - Dano - 02-18-2010

Take it to the shop you bought it at. They should help.

Re: My first Dry Suit! - goaliemn - 02-18-2010

I ended up doing mail order on it (yeah I know.. but no local shops were willing to help me try out some larger sized suits) so hopefully someone will have some pity on me and help Wink 

If not, I'll be heading down to the shop I ordered it from in May for a dive expedition, but it looks so lonely now in the closet..