MNScuba.com
ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... (/showthread.php?tid=5003)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - arcFlash - 05-25-2011

I know that feeling. My first ice dive, post training, was in a WI lake that killed one untrained ice diver the previous winter (facts may be off a bit). The story was that 2 divers cut a hole and entered on a line together with one holding the line and the other buddied up. The line holder had a reg failure and bolted to the hole taking the line and not his buddy. So my dive, I couldn't clear my head of the sensation of being all alone under the ice, waiting for the end.

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Hydro - 06-22-2011

ok i have about 5 minutes to give the locations of the 2 boats in prior lake:

this one i found icing: N 44.44.073 , W 93.24.125

this one steve found? N 44.43.612 , W 93.24.426

both boats were confirmed buy at least 3 divers

ok gotta go

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Shooter - 06-23-2011

pics or video? not that I would "poach" the wrecks......That would be bad karma  ;D

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Hydro - 06-23-2011

Yeah I have it for mine, but my camera was dead when we were in candy cove where steve's is.... ill try to post it tonight

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Terry - 06-23-2011

pics or video? not that I would "poach" the wrecks......That would be bad karma  ;D
[/quote]

Ya, and you dont want any more of that,,,,, Wink

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Shooter - 06-23-2011

Ya, and you dont want any more of that,,,,, Wink
[/quote]

All good karma here on the label label label.......  :o and awe

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - arcFlash - 12-12-2011

No pictures, no proof but a wreck exists about 45.146037, -92.805870 in Big Carnelian lake. Terry and I ran across it in about 15 feet of water during one of the last OW of the year. Its an old wood skiff no more the 14 feet, badly decayed but bows and stern are in tact.

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Hydro - 01-22-2012

The wreck we found today was in 15' in St. Louis Bay in Minnetonka... looks to be a 10-12' wooden plank canoe or rowboat... I didnt dig around it, looks to be pretty fragile.

coords are 44°56.045'N by 93°31.675'W

trinity and popolarbear can verify, i also have abysmal video because at first i sat and looked at it without identifying the wreck as a boat.

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - DetectorGuy - 01-23-2012

Good job on the find Joe. At first I was going to say" Well at least the historical society won't be wanting to claim this canoe as thier own". Looking at the photos it looks like a section of lapstrake hull, maybe from a larger boat. Way to go adding one to the board.

Here are the confirmed running totals:
AandA (Art)---------------------------1 boat
Shooter (Nate)------------------------1 boat
Max ----------------------------------1 pontoon boat
doug67 (Doug)-------------------------1 boat and 1 slightly used van (Van was removed but debris field remains)
Detectorguy (John)--------------------3 boats and 1 fishhouse
lahrcm (Curtis)-------------------------1 boat and 1 dump truck
Hydro (Joe)----------------------------1 boat
I will add other wrecks that have a photo (or video) and coordinates to it. Remember that with out a photo, its just a fish story.

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - DetectorGuy - 03-14-2012

Who is the one person that gets to claim this undocumented wreck?

[font=Verdana]Quote from: scubafreek864 on March 10, 2012, 08:33:41 PM
We found an undocumented wreck today while diving lake Minnetonka.

In fear of looters, we are not giving out any GPS coords at this time.  We need to file for a grant, to fund the documentation of her and give her a site number.
    ;D  :o  :Smile

Here she is:

here is the GPS

N44 53.850'
w93 39.051'

has no steering/empty boat/ no windshield/no battery...nothing...only has plug still in it.