MNScuba.com
ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... (/showthread.php?tid=5003)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - DetectorGuy - 05-13-2012

Here are the confirmed running totals as of today:
AandA (Art)---------------------------1 boat
Shooter (Nate)------------------------1 boat
Max (Nates son)-----------------------1 pontoon boat
doug67 (Doug)-------------------------1 boat and 1 slightly used van (Van was removed but debris field remains)
Detectorguy (John)--------------------3 boats, 1 fish house, 1 car from the 50's, & 1 Camaro from 1967
lahrcm (Curtis)-------------------------1 boat and 1 dump truck
Hydro (Joe)----------------------------1 boat
Popolarbear (Stephan)------------------1 boat

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - DetectorGuy - 05-14-2012

While I was cruising across the bottom of the East end of Forest Lake on Saturday I stopped by the old fish house that sank back in 2001. I had posted coordinates to that one about a year and a half ago, but it seems like no one has been there yet. When I got to it there were about 400 crappies inside it. They were very reluctant to leave and its almost like they knew it was fishing opener weekend. I had to shoo them away with my hand just to see the bottom of the fish house. While I was in there I thought I would look in the loft area (which is now on the floor because the fish house is upside down). I found 7 ice rods with reels, 3 tip ups, 3 tackle boxes and some rattle reels. This was a nice addition to just seeing all the fish. When I got to the surface, My sister Ruth (who came with to see what diving is about) said that while I was in the fish house, a 40"+ Musky came to the surface right near the boat and rolled several times. She tried to get still photos of it but none turned out. She had so much fun that she told me if I ever need someone to come along and watch the boat when I dive, she would be there in a heartbeat. Here is a link to the video I took on Saturday inside the fish house:

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - doug67 - 05-14-2012

Looks like every crappie in the lake was there

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Shooter - 05-14-2012

Looks like first place loser category is wide open! The [glow=red,2,300]master dive plan[/glow] continues to deliver shock and awe!  >Big Grin  ;D

If I ever pass up an opportunity like this again, remind me of what I missed....

NICE JOB!

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - nlintgen - 05-14-2012

nice videos, John... that does seem unreal how many fish were crammed in that house.

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - DetectorGuy - 05-14-2012

Thanks, I really need to focus more on trying to keep the camera steady. I think about it before I splash in, but then I get way too excited when I see cool stuff like that and I get like a dog waiting for someone to throw the ball  ;D. It was nutty how many fish were in there and they didn't want to leave in a hurry either. The second car I found that day had some fish in it also, but not nearly like the fish house.

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - popolarbear - 05-14-2012

I will have another new boat for the list, once i get good GPS on it.

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Hydro - 05-14-2012

theres the other one of mine in prior, but someone wants to see a picture.

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Shooter - 05-15-2012

:'(  :'( That first place loser category is looking pretty good!  ;D.
Did I ever tell you about the 250lb grouper I shot? It was on the wreck of the cayman salvager in the keys. Wouldn't you know, thats the day I forgot the camera!  >Big Grin. I was competing in the spearboard open. There were lots of prizes and trophy's on the table(table,table). I didn't need a pic to win in that tournament, just the fish. Unfortunately, when I was on my deep stop @ 150', a 15' tiger shark snuck up on me from the bottom and ate my grouper in 1 bite, stringer and all!  :o :'(

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Terry - 05-15-2012

Hey whatever happened to the wreck I found under the ice at Tonka? I think Popo has got the GPS on it, I mean WTF I'm not even on the board for finding, anything, well, other then a real stash of anchors, that I've recovered/salvaged. Nate at least that 15' Tiger had the good sense/smell to go for the grouper and not take a bite of you, must of picked up on the BS in the water. Heres a pic of Nate and I diving in the mines, he was tired and cold so I just pulled him along,,,,,,,,,not sure in this pic if Nates flashing a gang sign, or the peace sign or some secret Isanti Co. hand symbol, or what,,,,,,