MNScuba.com
ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... (/showthread.php?tid=5003)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - DetectorGuy - 05-29-2012

Terry, I didn't know that all this time you were looking for a dock... Like the famous quote from Pulp Fiction: "------ Thatz all, ya had, ta saaaaay"  8)
We did find a dock the other day, and it didn't look anything like the fine looking vessels we have been finding lately ;D. Those old boats we've been finding are not in great shape... that's true! But then again if they were in excellent shape they would probably be on top of the water and not on the bottom of it ;D ;D ;D

Here are a couple pics of an actual dock we found a couple weeks ago sitting in 20' deep water on the East side of Skogman Lake. Nate and I were doing a jack-stay search back and forth up the East side of the lake and nate ran into one end and I ran into the other. Viz was about 6' and the dock was 25' long. It is a roll in steel dock with the steel wheels still on it. It is sitting upright with the 8' wide "T" section on the end in deeper water and the top sitting perfectly level. There were a couple anchors on it that I am positive are not very old at all Wink
I don't want to claim this in the challenge but here are the coordinates just in case someone wants to dive it someday:
N45 34.852' W93 08.560'
Here is a link to a video of this beauty:

Re: HBDT New Shipwreck Challenge... - Shooter - 05-30-2012

nate cam on "CREEPY" "OLD" dock......

Yes, Terry, your ice anchor challenge got a lot of views. With the crescendo leading up to the shock and awe finale, It was very entertaining. I know I was pretty pleased with the outcome  8). I chuckle almost every time I think about it  ;D, especially the part when you were queuing up the music for the victory dance, and team honey badger, formerly team Isanti, unleashed shock & awe! rotflmao  On this thread, everybody is a winner. (((((group))))) We post coordinates and encourage people to dive them. Even the archaeological elitist can join in! It's all in good fun. So, lets keep our clothes on and get out there and dive! DIVE, DIVE, DIVE

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Terry - 05-30-2012

If trinity's going to get credit for some old boards,,,,,,  :-\

Terry, I didn't know that all this time you were looking for a dock...  :Smile

Whoaaa! Whoaa! Hit the hydraulic brakes here, what I'm referencing are WRECKS, made of boards. On my original post I may have reversed the order, between wrecks and boards. But don't you jokers kid yourselves, about these being wrecks, and no not some stupid dock, and one is super old, it seems to be lashed together, Huck Finn style. Thats the reason I'm staying down on releasing the coordinates, I think it might actually be, his boat, I need to get a copy of Huck Finn and research it a little more. Till then I'm not saying anything more about my finds.    >Big Grin  Trinity

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Shooter - 05-30-2012

:Smile :Smile :Smile

refer to pg 48 of the [glow=red,2,300]master dive plan[/glow]

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Shooter - 05-30-2012

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - DetectorGuy - 05-30-2012

[/quote]

Good Luck with the contest! I'll save a few pages from the [glow=red,2,300]Master Dive Plan[/glow] until you get back 8).

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Shooter - 05-31-2012

[/quote]

Good Luck with the contest! I'll save a few pages from the [glow=red,2,300]Master Dive Plan[/glow] until you get back 8).
[/quote]

Thanks, I think its all over except for the victory lap, I'm downloading some Freddie as we speak  Big Grin I was hoping you might write a couple more chapters  ;D . Can't wait to try out the towsled in some clear blue water  8) 8) 8)

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Hydro - 05-31-2012

reading the first post, I think this has turned into a delusion-ally different challenge.

maybe now now it should be called the ICSD 'special' challenge to include all the crap that is being counted...