MNScuba.com
ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... (/showthread.php?tid=5003)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Shooter - 06-06-2012

[/quote]
Here is the victory dive after winning the photo contest  8) bragging rights and prizes to claim on the table  :o. Yes its a shipwreck, and no Joe I'm not claiming it for points on the board :'(  :o  ;D,I would recommend diving it if you are in Nassau though. It sits about 100' away from a wall dive that drops of to 600'. I would also recommend the dive shop explore scuba when you are there. I spent a tank on the towsled looking for a $250,000 blue fin fishing boat that went down a couple of weeks earlier. Finders keepers is the law down there, that one I would have claimed though :-X.  If you haven't figured it out yet, our new team name has been changed to Honey Badger Dive Team.

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - popolarbear - 06-09-2012

Unfortunately I can’t share the Gps coordinates of this beauty. Probably Minnesota’s only vintage Spanish shipwreck. As it is full of archeological artifacts. According to the rules it did float at one time. The bull sunfish attacked me during my pilfering to get pictures.

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - DetectorGuy - 06-09-2012

Good call on keeping the coordinates secret on this one  :-X. It looks like you would need a variety of different sized crow bars for looting salvaging that one.  Wink

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Shooter - 06-09-2012

Like the fish house I posted in the challenge... not a floating vessel at one time, but a definite honorable mention.
[/quote]

[/size][/size][/size][/size]Maybe turn it into a poll and people can vote on the best dive site or discovery..........
[/quote]

That is a giant sunfish!  ;D ;D Nice find! after you cash in Team honey badger has an investment opportunity for you in the Bahamas  Wink  :-X.

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Shooter - 06-12-2012

Here is the next big target we have in our sights...........

John is writing additional versions of the master dive plan, as we broaden our search radius's and horizons!  Wink  :-X

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - DetectorGuy - 06-12-2012

171 days and a wake up  ;D. Dive, Dive, Dive!  8) :-X

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - DetectorGuy - 06-30-2012

I had a great time diving today with ArcFlash and Trinity. We went to Minnetonka and ArcFlash found a fiberglass sunken boat. It was sitting in about 20' of very clear water off the SE side of Grandview Point. There were hundreds of zebra mussels on it and the zebra infestation must be why the top 25' of water is so clear (about 15' to 20' of viz above 25' deep and about 4' of viz below 25' deep).

The coordinates for this wreck are: N44 55.788' W93 31.767'

Here are some photos of the "S.S. Minnow"  Smile

Here are some more photos from the day"

I am happy to announce that Arcflash will no longer be denied the induction to the Shipwreck Challenge! Let the games begin!
As of 6-30-2012 the running totals are as follows:
Detectorguy (John)--------------------6 boats, 1 fish house, 1951 Oldsmobile, & 1967 Camaro
Shooter (Nate)-------------------------3 boats
lahrcm (Curtis)-------------------------1 boat and 1 dump truck
doug67 (Doug)-------------------------1 boat and 1 slightly used van (Van was removed but debris field remains)
AandA (Art)----------------------------1 boat
Max (Nates son)------------------------1 pontoon boat
Hydro (Joe)----------------------------1 boat
Popolarbear (Stephan)------------------1 boat
Trinity (Terry)--------------------------1 boat
ArcFlash (Steve)-----------------------1 boat

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Hydro - 06-30-2012

Nice bathtub you got there  Big Grin