MNScuba.com
ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... (/showthread.php?tid=5003)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Hydro - 05-04-2013

since this challenge has been sunk, ill float it again with the boat I found in Bush lake

+44° 50' 3.79", -93° 22' 43.80"

the boat seems pretty solid, but is under about a foot of sand it mucked up pretty fast in about 20' of water

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - DetectorGuy - 05-04-2013

Nice Find Joe. The next couple weekends are kinda goofed up for me, but I think we are gonna find a sizable number of wrecks this summer.

As of 5-04-2013 the running totals are as follows:
Detectorguy (John)--------------------6 boats, 1 fish house, 1951 Oldsmobile, & 1967 Camaro
Shooter (Nate)-------------------------3 boats
Hydro (Joe)----------------------------2 boats
Trinity (Terry)--------------------------2 boats
lahrcm (Curtis)-------------------------1 boat and 1 dump truck
doug67 (Doug)-------------------------1 boat and 1 slightly used van (Van was removed but debris field remains)
AandA (Art)----------------------------1 boat
Max (Nates son)------------------------1 pontoon boat
Popolarbear (Stephan)------------------1 boat
ArcFlash (Steve)-----------------------1 boat

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Shooter - 05-06-2013

Sweet. Are just the top rails above the sand? What is coming off the left in the top pic?

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Hydro - 05-06-2013

The top pic has both rails.. I have video but terry and I both messing with it silted it up fast... might be decently preserved but youd have to bring a shovel or something... being sunk off the point sand has just washed down the slope over the boat. The wood felt to be in solid condition.

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - grumpie - 05-06-2013

If you use a sand suchion  on it you can clean it out and then bag it.

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Shooter - 05-19-2013

With the forecast we thought it would be a bear out there, but king neptune was smiling on us today Wink! I even got a little sunburn :o. I managed to put 2 on the board. 1 really nice one, and 1 semi submerged old crusty one. Maiden dive trip on my new outboard ;D. I will post  pics, video, and coordinates later.

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - DetectorGuy - 05-20-2013

Yep, for as bad as the forecast was, we sure had a nice day where we were at. I guess all that clean living is paying off. Nate made out like a bandit finding two wrecks yesterday, and all I found was a large aluminum boat lift in about 20' deep water. It is a ShoreStation boat lift with the complete canopy. The good news is that these things sell for about $6,000 new and $3,000 used. I have attached a schematic drawing of the structure not including the canopy and winch assembly and a photo of a similar one sitting on shore for comparison.
Here is a video of us diving on the boat lift we found:

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - popolarbear - 05-20-2013

hey i know where one is out my way. kinda in the way of fishing. upsets me that people dump or lose stuff like this in a key fishing spot. never thought about moving it. im sure the fishing comunity would be happy to see it gone. the one ive seen seems large.

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Shooter - 05-21-2013

Here is the first one from sat.  N 45 04.670' W92 58.356' @ 30' deep

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Hydro - 05-22-2013

When the lake dries up... the state of mn might take issue with you dumping your boat in the lake.  ;D