MNScuba.com
ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... (/showthread.php?tid=5003)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - doug67 - 06-27-2010

Can I count a dump truck as a wreck?

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - DetectorGuy - 06-27-2010

Like the fish house I posted in the challenge... not a floating vessel at one time, but a definite honorable mention.

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Shooter - 06-28-2010

Like the fish house I posted in the challenge... not a floating vessel at one time, but a definite honorable mention.
[/quote]

I think we should fine tune the rules of little bit....... things like the fish house and dump truck need to put points on the board. Open up the challenge a little bit and get some more interest and enthusiasm going. Maybe turn it into a poll and people can vote on the best dive site or discovery..........

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - DetectorGuy - 06-28-2010

Im good with that. After all, the purpose is to generate interest in new dive sites. Doug can you post some info in this thread about location & copy a few pics/video?

As of 6-28-2010, here is the updated score card so far:

AandA (Art)----------1 boat
Shooter (Nate)-------1 boat
doug67 (Doug)-------1 boat
Detectorguy (John)---3 boats and 1 fishhouse
lahrcm (Curtis)-------1 dumptruck

I am not exactly sure whether Curtis or Doug get credit for the dumptruck so you might need to armwrestle for it.

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - lahrcm - 06-28-2010

We'll have to get Doug to weigh in on this.  Technically I dove it before him but he gave me the tip about it, plus some other divers actually found it.  I think Doug has the line on a different one that he should get credit for.

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - doug67 - 06-28-2010

Well, Curtis and I found more than we said on Sat. We went to the dump truck and looked and took pics and then continued along the wall at 100ft and we found a van that was stolen from the city of crosby about 50 to 75ft north east of the dump truck. I dont know if we where the first to find it(I think we were) but it was pretty cool finding something like that. I wish you would have found it John........it would look good in your anchor garden. ;D

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - doug67 - 06-28-2010

Hopfully Curtis can post some more pics and vid of both of them tomorrow.

Did the van have a Scooby Doo logo on the side... "those meddling kids" ;D I need to get decent directions from the dump truck. I thought NE would put you in shallower water, unless the bottom of the wall runs toward the NE. Was it right at the bottom of the wall?

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - doug67 - 06-29-2010

Right at the bottom. You will go down the wall and it will level off at 100ft. The dump truck should be there a little ways from the wall. Then head NE along the wall, still on the flat in 100ft and you cant miss it. Have fun.