MNScuba.com
ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... (/showthread.php?tid=5003)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - DetectorGuy - 11-01-2010

Being you are both upstanding citizens and snappy dressers... You get joint custody of a bouncing baby wreck. I have heard of dry suits having a pee valve but I am not sure what you two are looking for in the photo.

I would be happy to give you two credit for the boat! Now we need to find the one with all the gold in it ;D

As of 11-1-2010, here is the updated score card so far:

AandA (Art)---------------------------1 boat
Shooter (Nate)------------------------1 boat
doug67 (Doug)------------------------1 boat and 1 slightly used van
Detectorguy (John)--------------------3 boats and 1 fishhouse
lahrcm (Curtis)-------------------------1 boat and 1 dump truck
Trinity (Terry) and Arcflash (Steve)---- 1 boat

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - grumpie - 11-01-2010

We recovered a 26 foot hacker craft from 35 feet of water the other day. how many credits is that worth. the boat yard had it runningn that evening. the value of said boat was 140,000 to 150,000. total recovery time was 45 minutes. two divers and misc. equipment.

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - DetectorGuy - 11-01-2010

With all due respect, and I have tons of respect for you, I would have to say that this would be a honorable mention at best.
I am the first one to give credit where credit is due but... I was not going to count boats that were found as part of a "call out". Especially if the boat was pulled with in 24 hours of the dunking. There would not be any value as a wreck dive site if it didn't stay there for a while. We had a small aluminum fishing boat full of gear last year that capsized and we recovered it. It was in the water less than for 24 hours but the site is not interesting after the boat is gone, so I did not count it either. If we counted boats that were recovered right away, would it water down (pun intended) the spirit of the contest?

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - grumpie - 11-01-2010

its fun when there is a challenge with finding a boat and then recovering it. The challenge is in the pre dive meeting and planing to recover it with out seeing it. What will you need and do you have it with you. The big guess?

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Shooter - 11-03-2010

Being you are both upstanding citizens and snappy dressers... You get joint custody of a bouncing baby wreck. I have heard of dry suits having a pee valve but I am not sure what you two are looking for in the photo.

I would be happy to give you two credit for the boat! Now we need to find the one with all the gold in it ;D

As of 11-1-2010, here is the updated score card so far:

AandA (Art)---------------------------1 boat
Shooter (Nate)------------------------1 boat
doug67 (Doug)------------------------1 boat and 1 slightly used van
Detectorguy (John)--------------------3 boats and 1 fishhouse
lahrcm (Curtis)-------------------------1 boat and 1 dump truck
Trinity (Terry) and Arcflash (Steve)---- 1 boat
[/quote]

Who found it? Because if we have teams, I want to ride Johns fins to victory  >Big Grin  ;D. Need gps coordinates and pics to qualify. Remember, without pics its just a fish story.... Speaking of fish stories I am still waiting on pics from the Damn Yankee Tour....

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - arcFlash - 11-03-2010

GPS can be had but pics will have to wait for ice or maybe spring but it's real.

Terry and I were side by side as the vis was <6feet so we likely saw it at the same time.

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - DetectorGuy - 11-03-2010

I thought with the identical Viking suits, you two didn't know who was who, so you just combined the find.  ;D

I was going to say something about siamese twins separated at the exhaust valve... but I decided not to...  >Big Grin

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - DiverQueen - 11-03-2010

Better to be separated at the exhaust valve than at the "P" Valve!  8)

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - Mr.Pitbull - 11-03-2010

Lisa, I am shocked! :o

Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge... - DiverQueen - 11-03-2010

No, you're upset that you didn't think of it before I did!  ;D  Tongue