MNScuba.com
The City of Crosby wants your help to better attract divers - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: The City of Crosby wants your help to better attract divers (/showthread.php?tid=5183)

Pages: 1 2 3

The City of Crosby wants your help to better attract divers - Joel Peck - 07-21-2010

My name is Joel Peck and I hope you can help me out. I am the city administrator in Crosby. I know every weekend throughout the summer there are a whole lot of divers on Crosby's door step. But I need to know how to bring you into town; how to meet your needs; how to cater to SCUBA divers. Please take a minute to answer 10 questions that will help us help you.
<a href="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FSNKQJ7">Click here to take survey</a>

Re: The City of Crosby wants your help to better attract divers - Dragon Eye - 07-21-2010

I took the survey- quick and easy.  Thank you for asking us what we want and need!!!

Re: The City of Crosby wants your help to better attract divers - arcFlash - 07-21-2010

You could remind people that "Bucket of Bones" got best ribs in Minnesota magazine but then I think that's Ironton.

Next time I'm up there, I'm going to make the effort to eat ribs.

Re: The City of Crosby wants your help to better attract divers - mph - 07-21-2010

I took the poll.  I guess I have only been up there once but will definately come back.  I will have to check out the town more next time.  It is nice to see you reach out like this.

Re: The City of Crosby wants your help to better attract divers - Kirk - 07-21-2010

Or Gary's Sports Bar for the burgers.  Oh, yeah...  That's Ironton as well. 

Take the survey.  Places like High Springs, FL and Luraville, FL truly understand the importance that divers can have on their economy (frankly, I don't think Luraville would exist otherwise).  - Kirk

Re: The City of Crosby wants your help to better attract divers - DiverQueen - 07-21-2010

What about "Show your C-Card at participating retailers and get a $ or % discount"??  ;D

Re: The City of Crosby wants your help to better attract divers - DetectorGuy - 07-22-2010

kinda related... A while ago there was a snowmobile club that would have its members go to the bank before a snowmobile trip to the brainerd area and change in what they were going to spend into two dollar bills. Everything they spent money on that weekend was paid using these Two dollar bills. The town had an influx of two dollar bills and I think they even had an article in the local paper telling about this method of showing how this club was bringing money into the town. This wouldn't work today but it was a clever way to market your club.

Re: The City of Crosby wants your help to better attract divers - drbbob - 07-22-2010

Take the survey-- It may do some good. Not sure if the cost could be justified, but it would be nice to be able to fill tanks in Crosby instead of going to Brainerd. ALso, talk the D.N.R. into opening the acess points back up that they have blocked up.

Re: The City of Crosby wants your help to better attract divers - Hydro - 07-22-2010

if all the access points are open, there will be more illegal shark dumping.... and i don't know if all the trails are considered safe for vehicles.

Re: The City of Crosby wants your help to better attract divers - Dragon Eye - 07-22-2010

They could always just keep dumping vehicles in the pits for us to find. I bet that dump truck and city van has generated more traffic over the last few weeks.  ;D (I am just joking of course!)