MNScuba.com
TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge (/showthread.php?tid=5350)

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - DetectorGuy - 12-05-2010

Terry and Steve,
At the risk of sounding jealous... I noticed the pics you took today are labeled "2nd official icing pics of 2010 11". This would imply that you two Gilligans are going to try to use the 1 1/2" ice on November 28th as your "1st official icing pics of 2010 11" are labeled for a 'counted dive' ??? . By your own admission 1 1/2" of ice will not support a fully suited diver and the judges may need to weigh in on this. I am all for giving you two credit for the NOV 28 dive as part of a senior citizen rule discount  ;D.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Indigo Blues - 12-06-2010

You gave me an idea Detectorguy - We should have an award for the oldest, (Living), diver pulling up the oldest, (Dead), anchor!

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 12-06-2010

John, your correct, if the ice was cracked it got too weak, too quick, but make no mistake, that 1.5 inches of ice will kill you just the same without a line and proper protocol so it was ice diving. Terry was only able to crack it with considerable work from underneath and we were very close to the bad ice from the trip out. Fresh ice would not have cracked.

Don't really matter we didn't score anything. I'll log it as ice ether way, It was real enough for me when I went under it.

Didn't get an anchor is the killer. I did see one cinder block but they don't count.

This does mark the first time I was able to dive though the transition to ice so that's cool. 

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Terry - 12-06-2010

Ahhhh, yes judges, can we weigh in on this, "you two Gilligans"??? and then Pats additional shot immediately backing it up? Can we get an abuse ruling here?
                   Now obviously, the ice held us up, fully suited, allbeit only momentarily, before cracking and breaking away, how else we we have figured out that it holds you up (all season) without gear, but only momentarily supports you fully suited, so in effect we cut the hole and dropped in all at once (really nothing more then a minor technicality) and we then began our dive, otherwise we would of been diving from shore. Seems quite clear to me.     TRINITY

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Terry - 12-06-2010

Terry was only able to crack it with considerable work from underneath.

Steves right, on that, it was only after I summoned up Quai Chang, (thru the ice) that gave my already strong back the super human strength needed to push my tank thru from underneith. I dont know that a regular guy could have done it.    T

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Indigo Blues - 12-06-2010

Don't you mean a "Regulator Guy Tongue

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Dragon Eye - 12-06-2010

Terry- I don't know about that little bit of ice.... I did see open water in the photo on the lake, but agree that there was ice and you did use proper icing safety equipment. I'll let another judge weigh in.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 12-06-2010

That water wasn't open, it was a very thin layer of water (1/4 inch or less) from the wind pushing down on the ice and the water perking though the cracks.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Shooter - 12-06-2010

;D

Nice job. I will however miss the matching suit twin divers  Sad ribbings  ;D.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Dragon Eye - 12-06-2010

Ok, so did you "cut" the hole or just jump up and down a few times? Wink