MNScuba.com
TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge (/showthread.php?tid=5350)

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 12-10-2010

ice is still too thin for cars. It's probably 10 inches near shore.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Terry - 12-10-2010

You'd be golden Nate to give us something new to dive on, like that diesel of yours, especially with a 700 pound plow, keep your pony close, and better let Neo walk.  Wink    T

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Shooter - 12-10-2010

You'd be golden Nate to give us something new to dive on, like that diesel of yours, especially with a 700 pound plow, keep your pony close, and better let Neo walk.  Wink     T
[/quote]

I will probably wait at least a week before the f 250 super duty diesel hits the ice. We have over 10" up here. We would probably be ok on the way out.....We will have to much booty on the way back!  :SmileThis snow will slow down the ice making. That plow just might be the deal breaker to win the competition with all this snow..... ;D

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - DetectorGuy - 12-10-2010

My wife and daughter just got me a Clam Command Center portable shelter for my birthday. Its supposed to be able to be assembled in 60 seconds and its 6' by 12' at the footprint and wider at elbow height. Its all about productivity and efficiency. How to get the most bottom time per day is important, but more importantly the ratio of anchors per hour of bottom time. Gotta go to bed and get some rest for the big day of hoisting old iron tomorrow.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Terry - 12-10-2010

Why do I feel so much smoke being blown into my arse????

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - DetectorGuy - 12-11-2010

Well the big snow storm came and made lots of activities get canceled or postponed today. The Isanti County Dive Team went out despite the 30 MPH wind and drifting snow to get in our first ice dive of the 2010-2011 season. The anchors weren't biting but the wind sure was. One of the ice shelters got wrecked from the brutal wind. We had two others in the trucks to back up this one and we overcame the obstacles. We did not tally up any anchors for the challenge today but we did find a big fish crib with a few small fish using it for cover. If you can swim in this weather, there's not much you can't swim in. Here is a link to the short video of the character building day:

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 12-12-2010

I got one of them shacks, they are nice but the wind is hard on them. Even with lots of screws they twist badly.

Advantage goes to Team Isanti. Terry and I (Team Gilligan) don't have access to light transport.

Funny thing, I've found anchors on every dive since we jumped Perch for fun about a month ago. Before that I guess it's been close to 40 dives in a row. First challenge dive and we both get skunked! In the last 3 year I have only been skunked a few dives and most of them were tonka wrecks so hunting it very hard on them. But I believe Terry found one with Joe this spring on the Sternwheeler.

Terry and I should be going out today but some misadventure yesterday may cancel that

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Shooter - 12-12-2010

It was an epic adventure in improvising, adapting, and overcoming! Our main shelter was destroyed by the brutal conditions, luckily we were prepared with 2 redundant shelter systems. If we can set up and dive in those conditions, we are prepared for anything when the call comes. All 4 dive team members were present and diving.8-12 hrs of set up and preperation for 45 mins of diving. You gotta want it!

We thought we would be in anchor heaven, back to the map to plan the next one

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Terry - 12-12-2010

Hey Guys!
                        Ya yesterday was pretty nasty. Steve and I and maybe even Young Joe would of dove today, but yesterday my truck had other plans, so today Steve and I armed with a modified set of tire chains and my snowblower we went after the Silverado, we found her, all of 100' off road :-\, drifted in. Steve helped put on the chains then grabbed the camera while I cut a trail. But she's back out there, next time she decides to go off road (in reverse), I'll have the chains with!     TRINITY

The last pic is Steve helping out moving snow and questioning why someone would let something without a brain outsmart them, or even make the decisions in the first place.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Hydro - 12-12-2010

ha, when i talked to you this morning you left that out, i just thought you had a long driveway, kelly and i shoveled her driveway to nowhere... as in they recalled her plow before she was cleared out