MNScuba.com
TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge (/showthread.php?tid=5350)

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Dragon Eye - 12-22-2010

Quote:A. Did not need clarification of the rules. Just wanted to know if anyone was going to enforce the rules that were already in place. Thank you for clearing those tissues up
They had to bust through the ice it wasn't like they just walked in a Steel tank was used (Though I do frown on that).

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Terry - 12-22-2010

The judges, in order of sign up are, Christie (Dragon Eye) Bob (CCR Diver) Doogles, and Angie (Acarpenter). I wanted judges for a few reasons,,,, to try to keep decision making fair, to keep those not so into icing more involved, and to difflect some of the decisions that would make someone unhappy, away from me. The judges do cover the gammut in experience, from Angie and Doogles who have never ice dove, to Christie who has a few times, to Bob who has been deeper in ice cold water then most everyone. I wanted an impartial group, and as chance would have it, 3 of the 4 judges are friends of an ex of mine, so I'm not likely to get any special favors :-\, (Hi Lynn! :-*) I ask and encourage all the judges to weigh in any time there asked, and I ask the icers to be respectful of there calls.
                                                                                     TRINITY
[/quote]

Sorry Patrick, seems you must of slipped thru a crack, (in the ice). Patrick (Extreme shallow diver) is the 5th judge to sign up everyone, he signed up right after Angie, some time back.      T

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - acharpenter - 12-23-2010

I agree with bunny on all counts.... ;D

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - DetectorGuy - 12-26-2010

Shooter and I just got back from a full day of diving. He picked me up at 6:15 AM and we got back about 7:30 PM. We dove hard but only scored one measly Utah anchor. We did find some trinkets though. Nate found a full tackle box, a fishing pole, a couple of dippers and he even caught a bullhead with his hands. I found a Pepsi bottle, and the anchor. The slush was about 5" deep and made it rough pulling a sled out. Here are some photos of the day.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 12-27-2010

That's to bad. I have to admit, I don't want it if it takes 12 hours.

Care to give the location? Green Lake I suppose!

So are you, me an t at 5 or did enough judges rule to give me the iron stick and put me at 6?

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - DetectorGuy - 12-27-2010

The day had its share of dissapointments, but it had its shining moments too. It was way dark by the time we got off the lake. It was such a relaxing day, we were going to order pizza but that would have cut into the bottom time. I'll give you a hint as to the location: We were keeping our eyes open for a plane that hasn't seen the sky for 20,622 days (56 1/2 years). Why are we still looking?... because we can.

Now the window sash weight...  ??? Maybe Nates tackle box was used for an anchor too, but common sense and pride keeps me from asking the judges for a freebie.

Yesterday Nate also found a sofa, a corner of a fish house, and a computer (with a lithium ion battery). These items stayed on the bottom for future divers to see and admire for generations to come.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Shooter - 12-27-2010

Definitely a good day of diving. 8) I only thought about Florida diving 75 times throughout the day! The tone was set for the day when we're leaving the landing and heading three quarters of a mile away to our dive site. I was on the back of the snowmobile (it was not a two-man snowmobile) and we were pulling another sled loaded with our first load of gear, when we started breaking through into the slush. I went to jump off to lighten the load so we didn't get stuck. Evidently the snowmobile was moving faster than I thought, my feet hit the ground and my forward momentum catapulted me forward causing me to do a face and head plant into the slush. ;D ;D ;D  too bad the cameras weren't rolling. I am feeling it today though.  :'( I could use a tissue

When I found the tackle box, it was right after I found the destroyed computer. It was at least three quarters of the way buried into the bottom. It was all metal and very heavy. Right away I thought it was a safe full of gold and rare coins!! Luckily I had found a ice scooper, similar to the one I used to cut the hole mille lacs  :Smile, and was able to dig it out and lift bag to the surface. I will be thawing it out today. I am sure there will be lots of mini anchors in it. No need for anyone to weigh in on the find. It was also really cool to dive the shipwreck that John found this summer. Managed to log 55 minutes of bottom time in 1 dive, a new personal ice dive best. Then of course John had to dive for 58 minutes  :o .

We will continue to search for remnants of ze plane. We were ready to drop out of the anchor competition and hire on with National Geographic to document our finds. Maybe next weekend will be the day........

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Shooter - 12-27-2010

if you buy a pair of these and wear them under your dry suit, it will help... Big Grin Dr. recommended  ;D ;D

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - acharpenter - 12-28-2010

Too bad you didn’t get a pic - I think that was worth an honorary mention and pseudo anchor dude!!!   :-*

PS - Arcflash - no Iron Sticks for you!!  Unless ya got a video of a super face plant for consideration...heh heh

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 12-28-2010

I'm sorry you have already voted "agree... on all counts" (see above) so you agreed on C. That's 3 for it.

Too bad you didn’t get a pic - I think that was worth an honorary mention and pseudo anchor dude!!!   :-*

PS - Arcflash - no Iron Sticks for you!!  Unless ya got a video of a super face plant for consideration...heh heh
[/quote]