MNScuba.com
TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge (/showthread.php?tid=5350)

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - rcojr - 01-03-2011

With an anchor count like that it looks like you are
" Marking your Territory "
Bob

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Shooter - 01-03-2011

Definitely another good day of diving! The forecast was very accurate. The pressure was on with me only having 1 anchor on the scoreboard but I was confident that justice would prevail.  ;D First dive was a mad scramble between John and I. I set a new personal best ice dive time of 78 min! when I was getting ready for my second dive I couldn't find my tank. thought I left it at the truck. zipper was a little frozen on my drysuit and John was helping me with it, he said it didn't go all the way and I said thats ok, I want to keep the air out not water! Famous last words. I then found my tank in the sled. In the anchor finding frenzy, I didn't double check my zipper and upon submersion, immediately felt cold water on my neck and chest! swam back to the hole, thought it was my neck seal. John fixed it and I was off again. It took me awhile to determine if the cold was from being wet or still leaking, after the cold passed my chest and went south, I did a qiuck 180 and back to the hole. I was done diving for the day and started looking for some tissues. :-[. Gave me time to cook up the grouper sandwiches for lunch!
I thought twice about picking up the mine anchor. Most interesting one I have seen. Fri night my throat was a little scratchy, sat morn debated going, glad I went. After the flooded drysuit, am now down with the sickness. Hope to be recovered by next sat.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Shooter - 01-03-2011

Thanks Doug! It was remniscent of our dive last year. I am sure we left some behind.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 01-03-2011

That stings a little. I'm out of town next week and Joe and I couldn't find anyone to dive with yesterday so you'll hold first place for a while. Well done. I suppose I should say some smack about you can't be working for the county and hunting anchors on the county dime so none of them count.

You know what they say " If you can't dive with the big dogs, better go south or stay home!"  ;D ;D >Big Grin >Big Grin We were looking for some window weights, but to no avail.  ;D

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - DetectorGuy - 01-03-2011

Thought about writing my name in the snow with big letters but the signs seemed more appropriate.  ;D

Glad you are still in, you set the bar high. "That sting you are feeling is just your pride messing with you' (pulp fiction quote edited for family friendly thread)
As soon as I saw the sign John posted, I thought the smack talk would be coming  ;D  We are a volunteer team and don't get paid for our services.I did leave a dime in the hole as homage to the lake for giving up so much treasure. You might say we do it for the thrill of victory or the sting of defeat!  ;D ;D

Look forward to the continuing banter and competition....

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Dragon Eye - 01-03-2011

Nice find team isanti! I like the bomb looking anchor the best. That sounds like you made a crappy weather day a good dive day!

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 01-03-2011

<whining>The sun was in my eyes and, well, it's a stupid game anyway.

Glad you are still in, you set the bar high. "That sting you are feeling is just your pride messing with you' (pulp fiction quote edited for family friendly thread)
As soon as I saw the sign John posted, I thought the smack talk would be coming  ;D  We are a volunteer team and don't get paid for our services.I did leave a dime in the hole as homage to the lake for giving up so much treasure. You might say we do it for the thrill of victory or the sting of defeat!  ;D ;D

Look forward to the continuing banter and competition....
[/quote]

I actually paused for a second before I grabbed it..... :o

Could we get an official anchor count from all of the judges please. I think I am in second  ??? (first place loser  :o)