MNScuba.com
TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge (/showthread.php?tid=5350)

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - tullibee - 01-05-2011

I think I'm around this weekend, but haven't heard back on my pony reg service and I'm fighting some sort of sinus thing at the moment, so dive status is questionable!  (rattle my cage Friday if you don't see any further updates here!)

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Shooter - 01-06-2011

rotflmao  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  That song will be stuck in my head the rest of the day! Speaking of songs, I knew last Saturday was going to be a good dive, on the way to the landing I heard some KC and the sunshine band shake your booty, and when we're in the parking lot unloading gear it was followed up by Jethro tull aqualung! I rattled  Terry's cage with a p.m. yesterday, it doesn't sound like he's ready to wave the white flag quite yet.  8)

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 01-06-2011

Joe, you and I could have went last Sunday. I sent you the intel but you didn't respond that it was a deal and start talking about times.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Shooter - 01-06-2011

There should be enough ice to drive out now. That will make things alot easier. I will probably wait 1 more week to drive the big diesel out though. Would be bad publicity if a divers vehicle who is on the dive team went in.  :Smile

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - tullibee - 01-06-2011

There should be enough ice to drive out now. That will make things alot easier. I will probably wait 1 more week to drive the big diesel out though. Would be bad publicity if a divers vehicle who is on the dive team went in.  :Smile
[/quote]

you could try saying it was a planned recovery practice!  (not saying we'd back you up on that, but you could try it as an excuse... >Big Grin)

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Hydro - 01-06-2011

its ok, i guess i was just waiting to see if the other guys responded, i dont think ive had a chance to go diving since october, im going crazy.

generally its always a deal, unless i tell you i can't

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Terry - 01-06-2011

I left MN in second place, (not feeling any shame in loosing to a master), to be, right now, in second from, last place,,,,, :-[   WTF happened? Do I need to cut my vacation short, or what? Let me think, or better yet ask these young gals here (right after I order up another Gunness here at Shipwrecks bar overlooking some marina in Key Largo) ,,their take,,, forget Mn anchors, forget icing, one even went as far as to say, forget TRINITY  :-\ ,,,,,,although I did need to pull on a pair of my heavy carhart work pants as its only a high of 76 today. Hopefully tomorrow wont be so chilly.         T

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Terry - 01-06-2011

[/quote]

The only white flag I'll be waving, will be a white skull and crossbones, on my all black and red, 3 X 5' pirates flag. (In fact I think I'll start to bring it with flying from the back from my Silverado, along with my big dive flag while icing) Just because I was out doing a double dip on the Spiegel Grove today, cruising thru a multitude of passages 80-105' down, and after hitting the 4 wrecks of the Govoners River Walk (known locally as smugglers straights, due to all 4 of the wrecks being involved in smuggling) up in West Palm Beach yesterday, down to Marathon in the middle keys to dive the Thunderbolt tomorrow, a wreck that finished its life anchored off the keys with the intent of being struck by lighting, to test a variety of equipment stowed on board,( a personal favorite of mine) then down to do the Vandenberg off Key West over the weekend. I've not thought much of icing, or really any anchor the weighs much less then 4-5 thousand pounds over the last couple weeks, but rest assured,,,, I'll be back.          TRINITY

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - DetectorGuy - 01-06-2011

I don't know for sure but I don't think Art is in the competition for who finds the most anchors or who has the most bottom time this season. We put the two anchors Art found in this thread as a confirmation of our record setting 19 anchor dive on 1-1-11. I haven't figured out what to call this 19 anchor dive yet. If the 18 anchor dive was called the "Mother of all anchor dives" then our 19 anchor dive on 1-1-11 should be the "Grand Daddy of all anchor dives".

...So if Art is not in it, then that must place you somewhere south of "second from last place". I think Sun Country has a red-eye flight to MPLS that you could catch and redeem your self.
P.S. I have been called worse than "master" but Im glad your shameless  8)

The only white flag I'll be waving, will be a white skull and crossbones, on my all black and red, 3 X 5' pirates flag. (In fact I think I'll start to bring it with flying from the back from my Silverado, along with my big dive flag while icing)  but rest assured,,,, I'll be back.          TRINITY

[/quote]

Art's not in.......

I think I found a new flag for you  ;D