MNScuba.com
TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge (/showthread.php?tid=5350)

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Dragon Eye - 01-16-2011

For you "Damn Heavy" probably means that thing had concrete in it.  Is the "string" that reddish long line?

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Hydro - 01-16-2011

yeah both anchors were next to each other, i think either tied together or tangled
we were thinking it was filled with sand possibly

ill have to edit the video a bit for the rowboat i found, my drygloves squeak like hell so i need to edit the sound to make it tolerable

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - DetectorGuy - 01-17-2011

I dont want to be a wet blanket (and I am not a judge) but don't you think the refridgerant tank was a buoy that sank? Especially if it was tied to a utah anchor, I would think it filled with water and kerplunk. The Isanti County garage has a half dozen of these refridgerant tanks with small cord connecting to 5 pound weights for marking buoys. That is just my 2 cents.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 01-17-2011

I'm a little surprised at you guys. All this talk and your so cowardice you crop the photos so we can't tell where you are. Why are you so insecure? If you guys want to win so baddly that your trying to keep Elmo secret I can see Art wanting to quit. It kind of takes the fun out of it if you want to be that way. I expected this behavior for money but not for bragging.

I'm changing my commitment level now that it's less fun. I'm still going to pull iron but I'm no longer interested in placing.

I got one yesterday so I'm at 7 unless Nate wants to keep crying about the weight, just put me at 6, It's not worth listen to him cry every other post.

PS: We dove the north end of Prior around the island and a bay to the east. The east side is hard but contains no joy! Island has a lot of silt.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Indigo Blues - 01-17-2011

I'm going to have to say the propane tank is not an anchor - sorry guys. I'll buy the other one though.
Periscope down... Pat

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Shooter - 01-17-2011

good job Joe! Way to get out there and dive.  8)  that thing must've been a nightmare to bring back to the hole. Did you lift bag it?

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Shooter - 01-17-2011

I think we have effectively backed up our talk with our amount of dives and numbers of anchors that we put on the board. Cowardice  ??? ?  I can't speak for John, but I don't feel insecure. I may be a little over the top when it comes to my competitive nature , but that's just me and  I make no apologies. Who is elmo? Art has never been in the competition. Of course we want to win, it's a competition!  ;D
in the spirit of competition, I admit I "beat the dead horse" so to speak about the window weight. I will make no more mention of it, :-X , unless of course I find one, and can post it! Consider my crying stopped. You wouldn't happen to have a tissue?  ;D ;D you are a good diver and competitor, look forward to diving with you and your team soon.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Dragon Eye - 01-17-2011

After some thought the propane tank is out. I could not fathom it being a practical anchor. Sorry Sad

Steve- I've been reading this thread and just rolling with laughter- over the top it is for sure, but don't let it ruin the fun.  This is a treasure hunt after all- I find the photos with all the "other" stuff way more appealing anyway. But I'm also not playing along and am 9 months pregnant- so for what it is worth all the ribbing going around really gives me a laugh for the day. That said- guys if you want a "FUN" challenge I think you can take it down a notch.

To everyone: The window sash counts- the judges ruled- make no further mention of it!!!!

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Terry - 01-17-2011

Ahhhh, Yesterdays adventure, well, lady luck was indeed elusive, as she often has been for me. Nice day though, we cut two holes, and poach,,,,er borrowed a third. Turned out the borrowed hole (that in a previous life was a dark housing hole) was all for Young Joes luck, to put him on the board, that was good to see, to add another guy to the competition, well, and to take me out of last place. Sorry to see the judges shot you down on that excellent example of anchor workmanship that the converted freon tank was, Joe, but thats how a judges decision works, not that I know anything about a judge's decision, putting the screws to you. So now the pressure was on, it was up to Steve and I not to get skunked. Steve scored on the last hole (last dive) a cast iron bell covered in Zebra's. I felt so bad that I tried to stea, I mean share in his glory for that pic. Then I recalled how earlier in the day, I too found a little anchor, I was so excited I forgot even to tell either Steve or Joe, it still had its monofiliment line attached, made out of lead, split-shot anchor I think they call them, the kind used for a REAL little boat, so I set it down in the snow for the official pic, then accidently stepped on it, and I couldn't find it after that, (after all, it was getting dark and I still had my arcflash resistant shades on) thats the pic with me alone, where the anchor is tough to see. Then to celebrate us each scoring one anchor Molly took the pic of us (each enjoying a cold beer) each holding up the "one" finger but it turned out looking like we were all just pointing at the camera.       TRINITY

Looks like a good time! Glad you guys made it out.  ;D  :-X