MNScuba.com
TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge (/showthread.php?tid=5350)

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 01-28-2011

Look for Team Gilligan's surge. We scored some local intel that should make for some serious gum flapping over the next few weeks if we can find the spot. My soup cooler is going to get sore from all the smack talk'n.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - DetectorGuy - 01-28-2011

Team G,
I am liking the enthusiasm! Hopefully the local intel pans out for you and the smack talk'n continues. I am worried about my first gear burning out from being there so long, and am anxious to hit second gear. ;D Good luck tomorrow and dive safe.
John

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Terry - 01-28-2011

I'm just hoping my 3/4 ton Silverado has enough capacity for all the iron were pulling tomorrow. Nate (since your not diving anyway) could I borrow your one ton? :-*          TRINITY

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Hydro - 01-28-2011

ive already figured wed have to rent a commercial rig to get all that iron off.. we have to spread it out enough to make sure it doesnt crack through the ice if it gets too centered... as in we have to make Anchor Mountain on land, or just create an island at the dive loacation... anyone want to buy some Fjord real estate?

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Shooter - 01-28-2011

it's a 3/4 ton as well, but it is a ford....... ;D ;D

my gear is going to be ready for a fresh water rinse! Good luck diving this weekend and be safe. hope you score big. we will be turning the page on the [glow=red,2,300]master dive plan[/glow] next weekend.

ps  if you want blackened grouper I will need you to bring a grill

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 01-29-2011

We had a huge day of diving, unfortunately, I got skunked again. We hit Cedar Lake out of New Richmond, WI. Hard bottom, rock, sand, fish cribs, all the makings for a huge haul but it was, yet again, "NO JOY!"  >Sad

I'm getting a little frustrated that in 6 dives I got 1 anchor. Over the summer we'd hit 4-8 a dive.

I should add this was not the intel lake, that one is about 2.5 hours out of the cities.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Terry - 01-30-2011

It started out a dreary day in Wisconsin, Young Joe and I had high hopes, but Steve had his doubts, and Steve stated (while on the ice) his concerns about this maybe being another dry gultch. Moments later, while Joe augered the first camera hole to check on bottom conditions, the ice demon let go a huge crack, that Joe and I heard and could feel. I knew the demon heard Steve, call it karma , a jinks, or even superstition, but obviously there would be no anchors for Steve today.We had 19" of ice about 3/4 of it clear. Our first dip for all three of us ended up with no joy. Bottom was decent mix of mostly sand and field stone, but I recalled Young Joe was standing close to Steve when he took the shot, and figured the demon cursed BOTH Steve and Joe. I knew it was up to me! So on the second dive I knew I needed to go wrestle this offended demon, way out under the ice, on her terms, in her territory, if we were not to be put to shame once again. So I gave Molly a kiss, and in my best Clint Eastwood voice said, "sometimes you just gotta get mean" She was real bore,,I mean worried as you can tell from the pic. So back in I went, way out there I found the first one, I tangled mess of rode, chain, and anchor, I needed to summon up Quaie Chang, but I fought and won this prize out of that demons grasp. We decided to cut yet a third hole, I knew the demon now, but also knew there was no chance for Steve or Joe, although they both put in a valent effort, the demon was just too strong for them. So I went back in after her, (its been my observation that true demons are mostly always female) and way out, I found another, just a sorry utah, but this demon wasn't giving ANYTHING up easy today ( no doubt she knew we were from MN too) so I knew I needed to do battle once again, and again I showed this demon. Then the last dive of the day, again way out I found a nice cast piece wedged in between two huge boulders. I knew it would be tough, I was already low on air, my fingers were cold, so I once again summoned up Quaie Chang, added it to my own super human strength, and fought for all I was worth, but this time the demon had me, she knew I was low on air, the boulders were the size of a fridge, that anchor shaft was wedged in tight. I was now too exhausted and low on air, I had to run for the saftey of the hole, so with a salute (albeit single fingered) to the victor she was, I bolted.   TRINITY

The last pic of us all pumped up it pride, is for how were doing so far!

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Hydro - 01-30-2011

yep, he definitely cursed me... 6 ice dives 1 utah anchor and a scraper/chipper.... one frozen inflator valve leading to a BC tube blowout and a ripped dryglove in the process....i think the next hole, we need to pull out the iceblock and sacrifice a virgin on it...

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 01-30-2011

Joe, we've been skunked ever since you joined us. Are you bringing the bad Ju Ju? I think I had a tiny lead when you joined the team.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Terry - 01-30-2011

Hey Buddy, I think that leads over, from now on your just looking at my bubbles! and Joe couldn't find his anchor with both hands!      TRINITY