MNScuba.com
TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge (/showthread.php?tid=5350)

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - popolarbear - 02-21-2011

Nice! looks like a Pig bone used as dog treat!

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - tullibee - 02-21-2011

Nice filename on that last pic -- you're just asking for abuse!  >Big Grin

Looks like an interesting chunk of archeology though - pretty stout critter whatever it's from...

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - DetectorGuy - 02-21-2011

Here is another link to the car in Forest Lake:

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - tullibee - 02-21-2011

that article says the passenger will be charged with "allowing an unlicensed driver"...  what the heck does that mean?  and good luck proving that with a jury -- allowing them what?  does that mean we are supposed to ask all our friends if they have a valid license before we ride with them?

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Shooter - 02-21-2011

When I found the bone it was half buried and appeared to be a fluke anchor. After digging it out I thought it appeared rather large, but it wasn't human, an anchor, or better yet the prize window sash, so I stood it up and resumed my search.  ???  We were diving with some new divers who are working on their ice diving certification. It made me appreciate John and Art who normally tend my line a lot more! It wasn't the normal Zen like experience that I am used to, it was more like a tug of war  >Sad

I wasn't planning on diving on Sunday but as it turns out it is probably a good thing that I did. It helped me hold on to my second place loser category. Still waiting for judges to provide an "official tally" though.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 02-21-2011

"it was more like a tug of war >Sad" hee hee

I think we are tied for second. I had it for one day before you tied me.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Dragon Eye - 02-21-2011

John  27
Nate  20
Steve 20
Terry  18
Joe 9
Art 5

here you go!  Sorry I was incredibly sick this weekend.  Love the comical photos!

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Terry - 02-21-2011

THANKS! Kristi!
                                    Sorry to hear you were under the weather, (rather then under the water), I do appreciate you tracking the count though, it looks like were at 99 anchors total, so who will find the hundredth? I didnt catch the fever last weekend, but I'm hoping a good case of it sets in this weekend  >Big Grin. I have surpassed the total number of icing dives last year already, which is something I personally wanted to do. I would also like to cut 5 holes in a day, so thats the next deal. It will probably be up to Steve an Young Joe to cheer me on with that one. THANKS again Kristie!

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 02-21-2011

Do we have an end date or can we be driving to Lake of the Woods and ice dive until June! Smile

I think we need a terminal date/time.

I'm ok with a tie on second this late in the year. Still looking to close in on the fast horse but neck-n-neck with Nate is good company.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Hydro - 02-21-2011

5 holes is cutting 30-45 feet of ice in a straight line... depending on the holes...  :o

i dont recall there being an end date... i dont wanna be done counting as long as im still icing.

we will most likely be out of ice near us in 5 weeks tho... isanti kids will have only an hour advantage.