MNScuba.com
TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge (/showthread.php?tid=5350)

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 02-22-2011

Karma, Zen and Chi are all weaklings.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Shooter - 02-22-2011

Mamma says "Arcflash is the devil! Team Insano is going to open a can of whoop-ass"

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 02-22-2011

I just notices, Nate, You don't have photos for the last find(s) so it don't count. Judges, please verify the results from photos with Nate in them. Isn't that the rule, you needed photo proof? 

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Terry - 02-22-2011

YOU are CORRECT STEVE!  Nate you get back down to fourth place where you belong!
                                                                                            The Angel Trinity

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - rcojr - 02-22-2011

ANGEL ? my a-- ;D
Bob

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - DetectorGuy - 02-22-2011

Here are some better photos of the bone. The first one is a comparison of an oxen bone I found 2 years ago in Pike Lake (top of photo) and the other bone from Forest Lake on the bottom. The second photo is showing the thickness of the bone. The third one is of the end of the bone. The fourth one is also of the end of the bone. I sure would like to know what it is from.

So far We haven't knocked the anchors out of the park diving in Forest Lake, But every time I have dove in that lake we have found something cool! First was the boat, then the fish house, then Nates tackle box, then the fishing gear (which I gave to people and they donated enough to buy a new Aqua Vu drop camera), then the bone. Will the madness ever end?  8)

Unlike Prior, we can't get a break in that hole. I must have 9 dives and nut'n but sand. It's great diving but it's blanks on gear.

So, John, nice bone. <hee hee hee> What about the UofM. I was told some time ago that because they get state funds they have an obligation to do some testing for the public. You could always ask them if they want to id it and do a carbon date. That would be way cool. They are going to be running the same old 'lab work 201' so I wouldn't think its a hard sell to do real science.

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Terry - 02-23-2011

Thats right John, the St. Paul Campus, thats where years ago they identified that rack divers recovered  that came out of a city lake to be like 12,000 years old

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Indigo Blues - 02-23-2011

My recollection is you need photographic proof to document all finds. How else can we the judges decide whether or not it qualifies as an anchor. 

Periscope down... Pat

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Dragon Eye - 02-23-2011

Yes Steve- You are a stickler for the rules. It does say you have to be in the photo with your anchor.

Personally I need to hear what the other judges rule on this one.  In the name of good sportsmanship while there are 3 anchors in the photo, John only claimed two for himself.  As competitive as he is, although a nice guy, I have a feeling he isn't sharing his anchors.

I currently have a note that there is a contested anchor until judges weigh in. And have adjusted the totals to reflect the remainder of the anchors.