MNScuba.com
TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge (/showthread.php?tid=5350)

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Shooter - 11-10-2010

[/quote]
         Nate, Tulle, John, Steve, and Robert, you jokers go ahead and make my day, take any shots (at me) you want, when I'm sitting on the ice, surrounded by anchors, throwing back an ice cold Guiness, then heading home to crawl into my neighbors hottub, (so much cheaper to run there, then having it on my deck) I'll laugh all the way, cause no doubt I DO have it coming. You guys all make me smile!
                                                                  TRINITY
[/quote]

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

I picture you sitting on the ice drowning your sorrows, licking your wounds from the agony of defeat, surrounded by other 1st & 2nd place losers in a group hug singing kumbaya, getting ready to chug on over to mamby pamby land...  ;D

I've got it coming too!  :o

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 11-10-2010

Holy crap! I go to ATL of one day and everyone start apologizing! Everyone, cowboy-up. We were talking about "pay-to-play".

Clearly Terry and I won last year and this year is probably going to be the same.   

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Terry - 11-11-2010

You going to ATL and "pay to play" sounds like more of Northworsts union busting to me, "local airline", huh,  good ridence to them! Your right Steve, I didn't want to go there after winning last year, but we are pretty much unstoppable. I've been curling a 20 pound river anchor in each hand, just to warm up to prying two at a time out of the muck.      TRINITY

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Shooter - 11-11-2010

No apologies here.
I thought this was the first annual? If you won last year, who were you competing against?  :Smile It will probably help you to ease the pain of what will happen this year.  :o
Are you back in now? First you were in, then out, then in, then out, and now back in?  ;D >Big Grin

Looking forward to the competition  8)

ps I may have found a matching suit diver. Like you I had mine first.  ;D You know what they say, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery  ;D

What is ATL?

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Shooter - 11-11-2010

You too, huh?  :Smile It is alot easier to win if you leave the competition out of the game. Better yet, don't even let them know about it. So at the end of the FIRST annual competition, you can claim 1 and 1. Whatever helps you guys sleep @ night! Talk about a handicap.

I can be your designated driver following the tally of anchors & ice time. I want to be sure you can participate in the 2nd annual, or will it be 3rd?

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 11-11-2010

It was less organized but you already know how it works. Like, spearing, If you get the biggest fish, your  winning regardless of what other think.  ;D  This year we're bringing the game to others.

Depend on the closing rules if I'm in. I don't need to play, I'm going to pull everything and post it for my own enjoyment. If the contest pollutes that experience, I'll be an independent. I don't want to turn diving into a chore for the sake of winning a game.

This morning I was thinking.. I'll see about making a trophy or two. (no, not a Utah) If we need a prize, that's the obvious thing to do.

ATL is the airport code for Atlanta

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Indigo Blues - 11-11-2010

Hey Captain Terry! So, since I am not currently certified, (well not to ice dive  Wink), what does it take to be a judge on this motley crew?

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - plankton09 - 11-11-2010

I'm in if it's free, if it's not, I'm cheer-leading for everybody else, either way, I'm underwater & life is all good.... :-*

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Dragon Eye - 11-11-2010

I don't think there should be a "participation fee"  It's about having fun with your friends and most importantly diving safe!

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Terry - 11-11-2010

Now Nate, before I ask if you've got a brother, so I can hate him too, let me explain, I just wasnt sure how to word it, I knew if we called it "annual" it needed to come back around every year, so we started last year, and this was the first year it came back around, so I named it such.
                 Last years competition was staunch, but Steve and I leaned into hoisting those anchors and came out the clear victors. At the celebration for us during the  last dive of last season, on Lake Harrriet, even the police showed up, Hydro and I were still under the ice, (trying at the last minute to claw out way out as a 2nd place team, but alas, no luck) and the one female cop kept hitting on Dave Torry, how desperate could she be! As everyone gathered around our celebration, it was clear people were really impressed, especially the women, it was dandy!
                 So seeing your offer Shooter to be designated driver, (a good way to suck up to the events organizer Wink), I remember last season having to give mouth to mouth to a six pack of Guiness Extra Stout, (after a particularily brutal day of icing) but,,,,eventually, we lost her,  :'( so that offer of yours is likely to come in handy.

Pat, (ESD) welcome to the judgeship, your in good company, with Doogles who like you, has, "limited" icing experience, Christi a little icing experience, and who will most likely have to make her calls from the bench, by proxie, and Bob whose been deeper then all of us combined, well a lot of us anyway.

Plankton # 9, welcome aboard, its a freebe, so we'll count you in, looking forward to those cheers :-\                        TRINITY