MNScuba.com
TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge (/showthread.php?tid=5350)

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - DetectorGuy - 04-01-2011

I'd like to see total weight of water displaced as a function of work in kilojoules. Have something by morning.
[/quote]

I just barely made it through high school, and never went to college. I know very little about the first or second laws of thermodynamics, or coefficients of cubical expansion of liquids, but I would say 4.19 kJ/kg oC  8)

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 04-01-2011

Nice.  ;D

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - DetectorGuy - 04-01-2011

Thanks man, Have a nice weekend!  Smile

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - scubafreek864 - 04-01-2011

If it weren't for Terry, Joe, and Steve, I wouldn't be able to ice dive.  They had all the equipment to get us under the ice.

Finding the anchors is more of a crap shoot.  Whoever is the first in the hole has the best chance of finding them.  Second man in the hole only gets sloppy seconds.  Picking the spot has a lot to do with it also.  Some virgin holes turned out to be bad, while the next hole can turn up a chit load of anchors.  It all depends on when it is your turn to get in the hole.

;D

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Terry - 04-02-2011

Your right Robert, there were times we picked spots that looked dandy on a map only to turn out to dry ditches. Local intel turned into decent iron most times, but not every time. Now that we learned its pretty easy to cut and jump 5 holes a day, next winter we can plan on (most of the time) getting virgin holes. All smack talk and bs numbers aside, it was a good run.    TRINITY

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - scubafreek864 - 04-02-2011

We can still do some ice diving this year, but it would mean pulling all gear out by hand with sleds(which I have one for my own gear).

I would like to get some more ice diving in this season, but that would all depend on who else has enough of the urge to get some more in.

Even though OW is just upon us, I can't wait for next season's ice diving to begin.

I will admit it, I am now hooked for life!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 04-04-2011

So if this thing was still on we probably cut the last hole of the season yesterday. About 14 inches. It was the best dive of the season I think. Real nice viz over sand and bright. Warm, sunny, obviously no shack so we all got a little tan.

We got to play on the edge of the ice about 200 yards away from the cut. It was quite entertaining. Probably the most fun I've had all winter. I don't think any photo record exists. Sad

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Hydro - 04-04-2011

yeah, ice diving/playing on rotten ice is unique as you get only a few chances in the year to experience it.
im continually amazed at how many people are never outside in the winter and early spring, and even less people on the lake.. i would venture to guess we were the only people on a lake in the 50 mile vicinity this weekend.  8)

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - arcFlash - 04-04-2011

I would agree. The only other people I know that could have been out playing is Isanty but it was in the 50's so they'd be in a shack.  ;D

Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge - Shooter - 04-04-2011

I slept in til 9, :o went to the gun range & burned up 2-300 rds of ammo, and worked on a kitchen remodel. Nice variety  8).

[/quote]