MNScuba.com
Eagle Rays in Belize - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Eagle Rays in Belize (/showthread.php?tid=5373)

Eagle Rays in Belize - lahrcm - 11-30-2010

We got super lucky on our two dives yesterday.  On tank 1 we crossed paths with 8 eagle rays, on tank 2 a whopping 25!!!

Today the cherry on top... a pod of six dolphins.  Gotta love Belize.

Re: Eagle Rays in Belize - freedivernd - 12-01-2010

Wink

Re: Eagle Rays in Belize - doug67 - 12-02-2010

Another great vid my friend.......but where are the dolphins?

Re: Eagle Rays in Belize - lahrcm - 12-02-2010

I was too busy sticking my head in the coral looking at an octopus when they swam over us.  Cindy was carrying my other camera so she got a picture.  My video of them didn't turn out since they were too far away by the time I saw them.  I never did get a good look at the octopus either Sad

Re: Eagle Rays in Belize - Indigo Blues - 12-02-2010

Great video! Wow that was really cool looking with those rays. Glad your having such a great time down there. Keep safe and have a lot of fun!

Re: Eagle Rays in Belize - jasondbaker - 12-02-2010

Wow lucky you. I've seen a handful of eagle rays -- never that close and never that many at one time. 

Yeah I feel lucky Smile  Our dive master told us that in his 20 years of diving he ran across 16 once before, otherwise it's usually a pair or maybe half dozen.  He was pretty excited.  The rest of us as well.

Re: Eagle Rays in Belize - AandA - 12-02-2010

WOW
OMG
WOW
OMG
WOW
VERY VERY VERY KOOOOOL!!!

Re: Eagle Rays in Belize - doug67 - 12-02-2010

I would think that Friday will be your last dive day because your comming back Sunday so enjoy tommorow. Give me a shout when you get back........word on the street is Louise is still open. ;D

Sad  Yes, Friday is our last day to dive.  I hope the sun comes out, the last two days make it feel like Roatan. 

Big Grin  Louise is still open?  Oh my that sounds cold.