MNScuba.com
Side Mount Configuration - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Side Mount Configuration (/showthread.php?tid=5480)

Pages: 1 2

Side Mount Configuration - popolarbear - 04-08-2011

anyone diving localy with  Side Mount Configuration?in particular single tank side mount.

Re: Side Mount Configuration - arcFlash - 04-08-2011

PRM and I both have Nomads but with ice just ending we are about to get some real time on the tools.

I've only had one side mount dive (OW) with 2 steel 72s. I'd be interested in trying a single and reporting if you want but if I only have one tank, I would backmount it to the Nomad.

Re: Side Mount Configuration - scubafreek864 - 04-08-2011

I would think that the single tank would make it uneven, and unbalanced.  ???

Re: Side Mount Configuration - DiverQueen - 04-08-2011

Awww C'mon, we're all a little "unbalanced" here!  :o  ;D

Re: Side Mount Configuration - popolarbear - 04-08-2011

thanks D-Queen

Re: Side Mount Configuration - popolarbear - 04-08-2011

Seriously, i was reading some where that the razor system also works with single side mount configuration. supposedly this is becoming so popular that it might eventually become mainstream. I'm also interested in this

Re: Side Mount Configuration - DiverQueen - 04-08-2011

Main tank on one side, pony tank on the other....Has possibilities

Re: Side Mount Configuration - arcFlash - 04-09-2011

I'd be surprised if the Razor worked in cold water. I've seen the pitch but I'm not convinced a drysuit and all the extra bits work as well as his 3 mil. He did say he designed it just for South American caves.

I'll suspend disbelief for now.

I too have seen the single tank video.

Re: Side Mount Configuration - arcFlash - 04-11-2011

I got more side-mount time in this weekend. With an AL80 and a canister light on the opposite side, you could balance for part of the dive but as the tank goes empty.... You would need to move it to the canister side which should not be any trouble. Hose routing would be simple but you'd need a swivel on the hose so it can make the turn off the back of the neck.

I'll probably try this next weekend and report. I'm changing my mind on the backmount for a single. I now think with the correct counter weight it's going to work with AL. Steel is not viable without moving weights mid-dive.

Re: Side Mount Configuration - jeffberry - 04-12-2011

Just got to ask why are you playing with sidemount?  Side mount is a exellent tool  Tight spaces an for some with disabilitys!I dont really understand what your trying to accomplish with 1 tank!