MNScuba.com
Damn Yankee Spearfishing Tour III - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Damn Yankee Spearfishing Tour III (/showthread.php?tid=5492)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Damn Yankee Spearfishing Tour III - Shooter - 04-20-2011

Three days of diving and spear fishing. Hook and line fishing at night, sleeping on the boat. Unlimited fresh seafood buffet on board. Bring back up to 40 pounds of fillets(more if you are driving), and lobster tails. Same boat and location as last year. Will need groups of three- four . Minimum requirements advanced level diver, and nitrox. Boat will leave out of Steinhatchee, Florida. Flying into either Tallahassee or Jacksonville. Cost for trip between $7-$800. Depending on details and fuel prices yet to be sorted out. Price does not include airfare.

Looks like most of the seasons will be open sometime in early June. I am pretty sure that last year's trip is going to repeat we just need to nail down dates. If anyone else wants to try it out, reply to this thread and we'll see if we can get a second or third trip put together.

first annual
  2nd

Re: Damn Yankee Spearfishing Tour III - bdahl57 - 06-09-2011

Any updates on this trip?  Many of us getting low on fish.

Re: Damn Yankee Spearfishing Tour III - Shooter - 06-09-2011

Called and l.m. for capt ben

Re: Damn Yankee Spearfishing Tour III - Shooter - 06-12-2011

Called and l.m. for capt ben
[/quote]

heard back from the captain, and it isn't all necessarily good news. A lot of the poundage of fish that we brought back last year were gag grouper and Amber Jack. These seasons are currently closed. A daily limit now consists of two red grouper, two red snapper, 10 mangoes, and five hogs. We can still put on a trip, he just wanted to let you know ahead of time that the groceries wouldn't be as abundant/

Re: Damn Yankee Spearfishing Tour III - AandA - 06-18-2011

:'(

With the closed season on gag amd AJ...Brad says he is out.

Re: Damn Yankee Spearfishing Tour III - bdahl57 - 06-18-2011

Money is pretty tight on this end.  If a trip was put togather it would be hard to turn it down.  I need a few days to crunch some numbers.

Re: Damn Yankee Spearfishing Tour III - arcFlash - 06-20-2011

If you have a spot I may consider filling in.

Re: Damn Yankee Spearfishing Tour III - Shooter - 06-20-2011

What about Scott? with Brad out, Steve could potentially fill in. I left another message for Ben for trip costs and tentative dates.

Re: Damn Yankee Spearfishing Tour III - bdahl57 - 06-26-2011

Scott just got back from New York.  I'll ask him when I see him next

Re: Damn Yankee Spearfishing Tour III - Shooter - 06-28-2011

Finally heard back from Capt. Ben! Sounds like the middle grounds, in the Holy Spear-it, is becoming a viable option. Potential dates are sounding like the end of August or the beginning of September. He is going to be meeting with the new owner and doing a boat inspection in the next couple of weeks. ;D ;D ;D