MNScuba.com
New mnscuba.com corporate structure - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: New mnscuba.com corporate structure (/showthread.php?tid=5560)

New mnscuba.com corporate structure - jasondbaker - 06-26-2011

In an effort to be completely transparent about the way mnscuba.com is operated, I wanted to let members know about a change that has recently taken place.  Mnscuba is managed by individuals who contribute their time and money to keep the forum running.  We've managed to do that on a relatively informal basis for almost 10 years.  The goals have always been to serve the community of regional divers by providing education, fostering friendship, and sharing our common love of diving.  These goals remain unchanged. 

In order to ensure the long term viability of mnscuba.com I have recently created a new corporate entity which will own the website.  This new entity is called Internet Dive Network, LLC (IDN).  The new entity will help us build a community that can last many more decades.  It will allow us to raise funds, support charitable causes, sponsor dive events, and much more.

Now that we are transitioning to a real corporate structure we plan to begin offering website advertising and sponsorship opportunities to other organizations -- dive shops, travel agencies, dive manufacturers, etc.  The proceeds from this advertising will help support our website hosting costs, business fees, and future activities.  We will also give members the opportunity to donate to the website operating fund.  I want to reaffirm our commitment to keeping the mnscuba community available to all members and guests for free.  The model we are following is used by countless other successful Internet dive communities including Scubaboard, Deco Stop, and Wetpixel. 

Finally, I would like to thank all the members for their continued support and participation.  A community doesn't happen without you.  Safe diving, --Jason

Re: New mnscuba.com corporate structure - Shooter - 06-27-2011

Nice work guys, you have been a great asset to the dive community. Big Grin

Thanks for making this possible, good luck with the new venture.

Re: New mnscuba.com corporate structure - Hydro - 06-27-2011

Thanks for your effort to sustain this site  ;D there is nothing even close to a good alternative for what the site provides the minnesota diving community.

Re: New mnscuba.com corporate structure - arcFlash - 06-27-2011

Stellar work guys!

It wouldn't take much for me to donate to the cause. I'll even give an extra $10 to not see Nate's Avatar!  ;D

Re: New mnscuba.com corporate structure - Shooter - 06-27-2011

;D ;D $10 starts the bid, Terry would prob be in for a c-note!  >Big Grin I will even throw in to not referencing [glow=red,2,300]the master dive plan [/glow] It goes to a great case. I was going to not reference "shock & awe" but I don't think I'm ready for that......yet Wink

Re: New mnscuba.com corporate structure - mermaid - 06-27-2011

Here's to a successful transition!  I'll be happy to contribute to the operating fund, just let us know where to send the donations.  Smile

Re: New mnscuba.com corporate structure - scubafreek864 - 06-27-2011

This is good news.

Hope to keep this site up and running for many, many, many years to come.  My children, and grandchildren can come on here to see what I was up to in my younger years, and how much mischief I could get into..LOL   ;D  ;D

Re: New mnscuba.com corporate structure - Terry - 06-27-2011

;D ;D $10 starts the bid, Terry would prob be in for a c-note!  >Big Grin I will even throw in to not referencing [glow=red,2,300]the master dive plan [/glow] It goes to a great case. I was going to not reference "shock & awe" but I don't think I'm ready for that......yet Wink
[/quote]

Yes guys, excellent job on the site!

I'd donate a $20-spot just to get my name back on Shooters avatar, thats all I ever wanted, so it reads "TRINITYS icing challenge" But for a c-note, I'd want to not see Nate's avatar OR Nate either, I just wish I knew his brother so I could hate him too!        TRINITY

Re: New mnscuba.com corporate structure - Indigo Blues - 06-30-2011

Fantastic job and I am grateful for all of your hard work.